Complaint Review: Tn'T auto transport

• Tn'T auto transport
    6352 Corte Del Abeto, Carlsbad, California 92011
    Internet
    United States of America

Tn'T auto transport brand new spare tire stolen during auto shipping, Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Absolutely no theft, only dissatisfied customer

I shipped a 2006 Mercedez Benz S 430 from Houston to California via Tn'T Auto Transport on 8/24/2009. I flew to San Jose, CA on 9/10 to pick up the car and found the brend new Michelin full size spare tire in the trunk was missing, an old used Dunlop tire was mounted on the spare rim.

The car only had 26,785 miles and I was going to replace the front tires after moving to California so I knew I had one brand new original full size Michelin spare which I could use and save me about $300. So I was rather upset it was stolen.

After filing the claim, Tn'T refused to pay for the stolen tire and told me since they only checked the exterier, they did not mark the tire in the trunk when it was checked in at Houston, so there was no evidence I even had a spare tire! This was insulting, who would drive a relatively new low mileage luxury car without a spare tire? Implying I was trying to cheat and file claim for non-existing damage?

As a customer I did not know what to ask the shipper to mark when checked in. I was only told that anything I leave in the car would not be the responsibility of the shipper so I left the car completely clean.  But spare tire? Did the auto shipper really expect customer to remove spare tire, floormates, emergency tools in the trunk, or anything detachable, and taking it on the airplane so the customer could put it back in the trunk when picking up the car 2000 miles away from the original shipping point? This is outrageous, they knew your brand new spare time is at risk and they don't intend to cover it but demand you to hand over your key with complete trust.

I may never get my lost spare tire paid by this auto shipping company. But I want it be known so all future potential customers know to avoid handing over their automobiles to Tn'T for shipment, particularly if you have a brand new name brand spare tire in your trunk. They did not cover you properly and they insult you afterward. With the high shipping cost of this company (they charge about $200 more than other company so you think they would provide better service), you are better off giving your automobile to a more trustworthy auto shipping comapny.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/27/2009 03:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/tnt-auto-transport/internet/tnt-auto-transport-brand-new-spare-tire-stolen-during-auto-shipping-internet-529666. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Absolutely no theft, only dissatisfied customer

AUTHOR: TNT Transport Services - (USA)

The customer's claim was for a spare tire that he claims was switched on one of his vehicles. The TNT Bill of Lading has a specific area where the spare tire can be noted, this was not marked on the vehicle's origin inspection. TNT has been shipping vehicles since 1935 (since 1968 under the name TNT) and maintains an A+ rating with the BBB. We understand that the occasional dissatisfied customer may post a complaint on review sites such as this one. We are sorry that we could not come to a mutual

agreement with this customer.