Complaint Review:

• Updated: Thu, April 13, 2017

• Reported By: joecali — Southborough Massachusetts United States of America
Tom Ferry
6 Executive Cir # 250, Irvine, CA 92614 Irvine , California USA

Tom Ferry Deceptive Sales Techniches - refuse to do the right thing Irvine California

REBUTTAL BOX™ | Respond to this Report! | Consumer Comment

Corporate Advocacy Program

Set the record straight:
Arbitration Program

I  Attended a seminar during which the speaker told us about an upcoming 3 day workshop we could sign up for at a discounted price "if we sign up today" . To get the discount we had to pay while registering. At the end of the seminar I stood in line to register for the 3 day workshop . Because I was unsure of my availability I asked the woman at the registration desk if I could cancel if I had a scheduling conflict. Her exact words were "absolutely, just call us" About 6 or 7 days later I found out that I did indeed have a schedule conflict and needed to cancel. I called the company at which time the Tom Ferry rep on the phone told me I needed to cancel within three days to get a refund. When I told him that no one said that to me, he said his supervisor would call me back and see what they could do. I never received a phone call, so several days later I called again. I was again told that I needed to cancel within three days for a refund, and I once again explained that this was never said to me.

Again, for the second time, I was told the supervisor or manager would call me. Again, no call. So I called American Express to dispute this charge. American Express wrote me a letter telling me that they had to process the payment because Tom ferry told them that I had to cancel within three days for a refund. After posting a complaint on social media, I was contacted by someone and Tom Ferrys office and they told me that although they could not give me a refund they would be happy to give me a free registration to an upcoming seminar or workshop.

Now, I live in Boston, and the choices they gave me was a three day seminar in Philadelphia, or California. So I asked if they were going to pay for my transportation and lodging which of course they wouldn't. So basically I would have to pay $500-$1000 or more just to attend a free seminar which I already paid for. In the last and final conversation I had with the rep from this company They said "it says right on your receipt that you must cancel than three days "I told the rep that I was looking at my receipt and I would be happy to send them a copy, and nowhere does it say that you have three days to cancel. So she said, i'm going to have one of the top managers call you and resolve this for you. Guess what? Never received a phone call! I even sent to Tom ferry a direct message with my personal cell phone number and invited him to call me so that I could explain what his company was doing. He's never even bothered to call me. So basically this company has refused to standby and honor what the employees told me. And the irony is they make their money doing business coaching.! They have no clue what it's like to want to real business. They've alienated me and many other customers for a lifetime because of petty bad business practices.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/13/2017 06:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/tom-ferry/irvine-california-92614/tom-ferry-deceptive-sales-techniches-refuse-to-do-the-right-thing-irvine-california-1367638. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tom Ferry