Complaint Review: Tom Higgins and Joy Higgins of Higgy's Cocker Spaniels in Iowa

• Submitted: Mon, March 24, 2014
  • Updated: Mon, March 24, 2014
  • Reported By: Annie — Woodstock Georgia
  • Tom Higgins and Joy Higgins of Higgy's Cocker Spaniels in Iowa
    250 Morningside Ave. Council Bluffs, Ia. 515
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    USA

Tom Higgins and Joy Higgins of Higgy's Cocker Spaniels in Iowa mrthig21@hotmail.com712-323-2621higgyscockers.com Higgyscockers - Tom Higgins sales sick puppies- Broken Hearts in Georgia Council Bluffs Iowa

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Made up story

I researched breeders prior to purchasing our family puppy. We didn't find any negative reviews about this breeder. I read his website and contract. We selected a puppy when she was 4 weeks old, at first Tom Higgins was helpful and nice. This all changed once we received our puppy.

I contacted him numerous times through emails, and phone calls. My requests for help were continually ignored. My puppy arrived vomitting, lethargic and covered in flea dirt. She also had ear infections in both ears. When taken to our vet, he said she was full of hook worms, and he treated her for parvo. We were promised a healthy puppy, that is certainly not what we got. Our puppy remained in the hospital for 9 days. We visited her and comforted her everyday. She finally gave up because she was just too weak. Our vet said it was the most pathetic case he had ever wittnessed. He just couldn't believe a reputable breeder would sale such a sick puppy.

Once I notified Tom Higgins that our puppy died, he told me it was my fault. How could it be? We never even got to take her home. She went straight from the airport to the vet. He was very rude. To date he refuses to pay for our medical bills. We paid over $5,000 trying to save our sweet girl. Lily never had a chance. Tom won't even agree to refund our $1300. He offered a replacement puppy. Our vet and I agree that would be a huge mistake. I don't trust that we wouldn't get another sick and dying puppy.

We purchased this puppy for our little girl who is disabled. All she could talk about is a puppy. She doesn't understand why her Lily went to heaven. This has been a nightmare. I will never purchase online again. Our family is broken hearted.

I don't want any other families to suffer like our family; financially or emotionally. I recommend asking your local vet for a breeder referral.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/24/2014 04:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/tom-higgins-and-joy-higgins-of-higgys-cocker-spaniels-in-iowa/council-bluffs-iowa-51503/tom-higgins-and-joy-higgins-of-higgys-cocker-spaniels-in-iowa-mrthig21hotmailcom712-32-1133301. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
0Consumer
1Employee/Owner

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Made up story

AUTHOR: Tom Higgins - ()

I didn't sell a puppy to anyone in Georgia and certainly not for $1300.  I have contracts of all the cockers I sell. Someone is retaliating for a report I filed against them.  No one takes these reports for any value and nice try low life who ever you are.  I am an ethical breeder and state licensed in Iowa.  So sad that people have to make stuff up and try to tarnish a good cocker lover's reputation.  See my website or facebook.  Tom Higgins

Luv My Puppie in Oklahoma is the Puppymill behind this false report.  Very much overkill. Disabled daughter, $5000 vet bill.  How ironic as my oldest daughter is profoundly handicapped and has a feeding tube so the low life behind this false report will have to face reality when they pass and it won't be good.

I give a one year guarantee and if anything were to happen to one of the cockers that I place I would have it autopsyed and refund any costs.  There are no emails, no contract.  If a dog flys in an airplane the seller has to supply the airline with a health certificate that is within 10 days of flying.  If a dog was as sick as this fake says then the vet exam would cerainly show it as they require a stool sample and do a complete exam.

Nice try no conscience person.  I'll pray for your reched soul.