Complaint Review: Tom Lazarus

• Reported By: Just Fed Up — Los Angeles California
  • Tom Lazarus

Internet
    USA

Tom Lazarus, Script Consultant Charged me $500 to give me zero notes on the plot. Los Angeles California

When I heard someone in my online writing group talk about her expensive and almost completely useless experience with Tom Lazarus, I felt bad because I'd been too embarrassed to warn her.

But I can still warn other writers about my experience with him:

I paid $500 to Tom Lazarus for his READ AN EXISTING SCRIPT service.  Got the phone call from him a few days later to talk about the script, then was emailed his general and annotated notes...

Hey, if you are a newbie screenwriter who needs to be told that, for example, your script isn't formatted correctly, that you must write in the active present tense, or that your characters all sound the same, I'm sure Mr. Lazarus will be able to help you out (500 bucks would be out of line for such basic instruction).

But if you write an elevated script where a thorough, thoughtful read is required so as to be able to provide feedback on plot and story, don't be a sucker like me.  In other words, Mr. Lazarus probably is not for you.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/03/2014 09:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/tom-lazarus/internet/tom-lazarus-script-consultant-charged-me-500-to-give-me-zero-notes-on-the-plot-los-ang-1159308. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content