ED Magedson – Founder
towerstreamProvidence, Rhode Island USA
towerstream Bought my previous ISP Delos Internet (small local co), changed terms, service deteriorated, forced me to keep service?!? Providence Rhode Island
Our company have been a customer of a local houston small mom-pop ISP called Delos Internet who offers internet services over roof-top building antennas since 2009. I choose Delos because they are small, local and very personal. Everytime I call them I usually talk to one of the two owners.
Sometime in March 2013, Delos was bought by Towerstream, a public company on NASDAQ based in Rhode Island. Immediately I noticed some changes and deterioration of service.
Our company host many servers and web sites for our clients. We are also responsible for our quality of service.
INTERNET SERVICE ISSUES:
1. Internet service would be interrupted intermittently almost daily for about 1.5 week usually in the morning between 10 - 11am CST. Continuously morning after morning I would experience disconnections for about 1.5 week. Almost eveytime this happen I would pickup the phone and report this to one of the owners.
2. Network latency and ping time to Google and their next hop device would deviate greatly.
3. For the first 4 - 5 days service was handled by previous owners, who knew about my recent issues, then Towerstream took over and all the sudden they are not even aware I was even having any issue. Wow! I simply yelled at them and said they should call Houston office and get the full-story. That was probably the 6th day in a row I had morning internet interruptions.
4. There were no resolution to this issue, I was only told they are transitioning their operations to Towerstream and may experience some interruptions. But I am entitled for credits. Okay?!? Great.. I did not signup nor asked for for issues because somebody decided to cash out!
5. In April 2013, alone two outages both more than 1 hour long happened. On April 2 2013, one of the owner claimed hail storm (I was in the building that night, did not see any hail) have caused internet to fail for more than 1 hour. The next night April 3, 2013, the service was down again.
6. Previous to these recent downtime, 6 months ago (about November 2012), service was out for about 4 - 5 hours because of a broken fiber card. And then again for a few more hours the next day for the same problem. Really?
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/25/2013 10:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/towerstream/providence-rhode-island/towerstream-bought-my-previous-isp-delos-internet-small-local-co-changed-terms-servic-1079008. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.