Complaint Review: TOYOTA FINANCIAL SERVICES

• TOYOTA FINANCIAL SERVICES
    2500 Auburn Blvd., Sacramento, CA 95821
    Torrance, California
    United States of America

TOYOTA FINANCIAL SERVICES TOYOTA MOTOR COMPANY TOYOTA "REPOSSESSED" MY CAR AFTER THEY FAILED TO HONOR THEIR OWN REFINANCING AGREEMENT! Torrance, California

BUYERS BEWARE:

3 MONTHS AFTER RE-NEGOTIATING MY CAR LOAN, TOYOTA FINANCIAL SERVICES DECIDED NOT TO HONOR IT AND TOOK MY VEHICLE FROM MY OWN DRIVEWAY!

On September 22nd, 2011 of this year, I was called by Carlos from Toyota Financial Services.  It was Carlos's idea to reduce the payment amount since my extended unemployment caused by the recent Depression; I would be unable to make the full payment.  He even reassured me that there would be no late fee associated with a half payment.  Being a communications expert, I was sure to repeat back everything he told me so there would be no 'misunderstanding'.  I reduced this to writing and included it with my next auto payment. I mailed it Certified Mail Return Receipt Requested.

The Sacramento City Police said it wasn't stolen, it was "repossessed."  After showing the Police Officer my Certified Mail letter AND receipt he said that there was nothing they could do to help me - "It's a civil matter now, not a criminal one."

I mailed 3 of these modified payments for 3 consecutive months.  Just 5 days after mailing my third modified payment my vehicle was towed from my own driveway!

I managed to raise the money to get my vehicle back [payoff in full] and all it took was 2 whole days of my life and a 300 mile round trip to another Northern California City.  The primary cost was over $3240 to get my vehicle back.  Adding another $1150 the cost to my dishonored loan!  When it comes to Toyota Financial Services: BUYERS BEWARE!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/30/2011 11:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/toyota-financial-services/torrance-california-90501/toyota-financial-services-toyota-motor-company-toyota-repossessed-my-car-after-they-fail-793739. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content