Complaint Review: Toys R Us - ToyRus

730 Albert Street
    Regina, Saskatchewan
    Canada

Toys R Us - ToyRus Coupon Error/Coupon not honored Regina Saskatchewan

*Author of original report: Resolved!

I wish to draw your attention to a situation which I find incredibly frustrating as a consumer. On March 20, 2009 I visited the Toy "R" Us location at 730 Albert Street Regina, SK. I visited the www.toysrus.com website to see which products were available and then drove to the store intending to purchase the Fisher Price Green Meadows Bouncer (P2286) for $54.99. Despite what the website stated, the store had none in stock. Instead, I decided to purchase the Fisher Price Soothe 'N Play Bouncer (J6900) for $49.99 which was in stock.

The Toys R Us 2009 "Everything for Baby" Catalogue had a number of coupons in it, one of which applied a $5 discount to "any Fisher Price Bouncer $49.99 and over." I clipped the coupon and handed it to the cashier; she input it, and I paid for our purchase. When I arrived home, I noticed that the $5 discount had not been applied to the purchase. It shows that the coupon was scanned, and at the bottom of the receipt I see "List of Rejected Coupons - Coupon 0474 (N5.00) Reserved."

I don't understand. The coupon is valid in Canada, good till Dec. 31, 2009, for Fisher Price bouncers, and for a value of $49.99 and over. My purchase satisfies all requirements. Equally as frustrating though, is that the cashier either didn't even notice or failed to inform us that the coupon had not been applied. This is the second time I have had a valid coupon not be applied to my purchase at Toys R Us.

As a customer it is difficult to stand in front of the other people who are waiting in line and carefully check that the cashier has scanned the items correctly. As a reputable business, I would expect Toys R Us to recognize this and ensure that their coupons scan correctly.

I contacted Toys R Us on March 22, 2009 to report the issue and request that a $5 refund be mailed to me. Toys R Us initially replied informing me that they had opened a case (#8029-128803468-8532) to investigate my concern. Despite two attempts to solicit an update regarding the issue, Toys R Us has failed to respond to my concerns.

At this point, I can only assume you Toys R Us has no interest in resolving this issue and maintaining its good name. I hope that this experience serves as a warning to other consumer to carefully check their receipts when shopping at Toys R Us, or even avoid shopping there entirely.

Figment
Regina, Saskatchewan
Canada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/30/2009 07:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/toys-r-us-toyrus/regina-saskatchewan/toys-r-us-toyrus-coupon-errorcoupon-not-honored-regina-saskatchewan-447882. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Resolved!

AUTHOR: Figment - (Canada)

I received a letter from Toys R Us May 4, 2009. Inside I found an apology and compensation for the coupon error. Thank you Toys R Us, I'm glad you saw fit to resolve this issue!