• Report: #1073935
Complaint Review:

T&R Properties

  • Submitted: Wed, August 07, 2013
  • Updated: Wed, August 07, 2013

  • Reported By: LoneStar — Canal Winchester Ohio
T&R Properties
3675 Cross Ridge Lane Canal Winchester, Ohio USA

T&R Properties The Moors at Countryview They Kicked Me When I Was Down...in the hospital in a coma from a stopped heart Canal Winchester Ohio

REBUTTAL BOX™ | Respond to this Report! | Consumer Comment

What's this?
Corporate Advocacy Program

Show customers why they should trust your business over your competitors...

What's this?
What's this?
Is this
Ripoff Report
About you?
Ripoff Report
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
commitment to
customer satisfaction
Click here now..

Does your business have a bad reputation?
Fix it the right way.
Corporate Advocacy Program™

Set the record straight:
Arbitration Program

SEO Reputation Management at its best!

I moved to The Moors in April 2013. I was attracted by a special Second Chance program that offered rental opportunities to tenants with poor rental history. My rental history is bad due to my health and disability and I always explain this to every landlord and rental office when I put in an application and again when I sign the lease.

I don't make full disclosure about my medical issues, but I do make a point of informing management of my immediate health issues; I spend a lot of time in the hospital and at home I am bedridden about 95% of the time. I made it clear to the property manager Karin if my rent is ever late, chances are likely I am in the hospital. There have been times when I was in my apartment and took a spill and stayed on the floor for days at a time because I wasn't allowed to have my service dog here due to her being a pit bull. 

Anyway, my rent was current and I had no issues with the rental office. On May 29, I woke up feeling ill and asked my son to call 911. He went and got his sister, who checked my pulse--I had a rate of 6bpm and no, that is not a typo--and immediately called 911. By the time the paramedics arrived, my heart had stopped completely and they immediately started CPR, sternal rubs and shocking my heart to get it beating again. I arrived at the hospital d**n near dead and the team immediately started working on me.

I finally came to--sore from chest compressions, sternal rubs and defibrillation--and the doctor wanted to send me to another hospital, which she did. I was kept in the hospital for about a week and discharged; remember I went in right before June rent was due. I was home for three days and my fingers and toes started turning green and I was rushed back to the hospital; this time I was septic and had to stay in the hospital from June 11 to July 8, almost a month.

When I came home, quite naturally I had notices posted on the door. I was still pretty weak and sick, so I called the rental office to arrange payment. I had the money, so that wasn't an issue. But imagine my surprise when the manager Karin informed me eviction had been filed for nonpayment and she wasn't accepting any payment. I explained I was in the hospital in a coma and she just gave me a blank look and replied that it didn't matter if I was dead, rent still had to be paid, that I knew rent was due and I refused to pay. 

So the hearing date was set and I appeared before the judge. I explained the circumstances and told her I had the money and could make good on the rent--I'd already paid June rent--and would even be ahead by a few hundred dollars. The judge gave me seven days to pay and scheduled another hearing for the following week. I offered the rent three times and each time it was refused; Karin even went so far as to add in the eviction fees and kept informing me of the balance. I didn't understand why she did that since she refused to accept payment.

So, after the second hearing, the judge spoke to Karin and tried to plead with her to work with me; Karin blew me off right in front of the judge and stated she wanted to proceed with the eviction, which the judge granted. The judge reiterated her plea to Karin to work with me and Karin just walked off. I was ill, too ill, to even be out of bed but I had no choice. I was feeling so ill, I decided to go to the hospital. My chest went tight. I was sweating profusely and I was dizzy and vomiting. Karin later accused me of faking--never mind that I told her of this when I signed the lease--and demanded I move out immediately. After leaving the hospital against medical advice, I went back to the courthouse and filed an objection to the eviction so I would have time to recover and later file an appeal. I was informed that payment would never be accepted and if I didn't leave, my stuff would be set out. I pointed out that my door hadn't been tagged and she hung up on me. Later that day, maintenance people were banging on my door, threatening to come in and throw my things out. I called a lawyer. In the meantime, I am sick and seem to be stuck and out of luck.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/07/2013 02:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/tr-properties/canal-winchester-ohio-43110/tr-properties-the-moors-at-countryview-they-kicked-me-when-i-was-downin-the-hospital-1073935. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on T&R Properties

Search for additional reports

If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:

Search Tips
Report & Rebuttal
Respond to this report!
What's this?
Also a victim?
What's this?
Repair Your Reputation!
What's this?