Complaint Review: Tracfone

• Tracfone
    www.tracfone.com
    Internet

Tracfone ripoff Internet

My Mother who is elderly but still drives, asked for a wireless phone for christmas. I purchased a tracphone for her along with a prepaid wireless card for $24.99. The advertisment on the phones package claimed, that the minutes do not expire. However, upon opening the phones packaging and reading the instuction booklet, it stated that the minutes expire every two months, and that more minutes have to be purchase to keep the service active.

My Mother, thinking that she would have to buy new minutes ever two months, decided this phone was not for her.

I returned the tracfone to k-mart and was given a full refund. However, when I returned to target with the tracfone card and receipt, they told me that I could not have a refund. So here I find myself, with a $24.99 tracfone card but with no phone.

The Manager, Jeff Goldstein of the No Attleboro Ma, target store agreed, that the phone minutes don't expire could be misleading. He said he would look into it and get back to me. Not! I contacted a tracfone rep, she was in India I think she told me the card could not be refunded. When I asked her why, she hanged the phone up. What a rip-off P.S the tracphone company doesn't allow it's self to be contacted by mere customers. Great customer service too! $24.99 card-no phone.

Shirley
Cumberland, Rhode Island

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/17/2004 01:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/tracfone/internet/tracfone-ripoff-internet-77287. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content