Report: #193683

• Tracfone
    tracfone.com
    Internet

Tracfone ripoff Pseudo Customer Service Internet

I purchased a Tracfone about a year ago, as I previously had a contract with a cellular company and it was a waste of my money for the amount of time I use a cell phone - very seldom, but like to have for emergencies.

I didn't have any problem until recently when I didn't renew my service before the cutoff date. I reactivated my service about a week later over the internet - looked like all went as it was supposed to, units were added to my existing, I was given a new cutoff date two months away and was given a new phone number.

Two days later I tried to use the phone and got a recorded message that the provider didn't recognize my number. Tried several times and also tried to call my cell from land line, to no avail.

That is when I had my first experience with the Tracfone fake customer service department. As noted in other reports, when I finally spoke with someone, I kept getting put on hold so this person could "speak with a supervisor" or "update" my information in their system or "confirm" my information. They had me enter some codes and I was given a case ID number and told my phone should be working in two-three hours.

Needless to say, it didn't.

I've called them everyday for a week now, spending at least an hour each time on the phone. I've gotten three different case ID numbers and a reference number. They have changed my phone number once. I have not yet spoken with anyone who's primary language is English - today I was asked how to spell "Michigan"! I been put on hold several times while the person I'm speaking with (I decline to call them "customer service reps") tried to connect me to a different department, only to be told 30 minutes later that that department is closed - call back tomorrow. I convinced everytime I'm put on hold, they are taking a coffee break...or lunch break...or just chatting with their neighbor.

Now, after reading all these reports (wish I'd known about this site before), I've decided my time is more valuable than to waste it on these a**holes, with no hope of ever getting my problem resolved. I'll just cut my losses with a good lesson learned - and will definately advise anyone against getting a Tracfone.

For kicks, I checked out another prepay service on this site and found a bunch of reports on that service also - although not nearly as many. Guess I'll just have to be sure to always have a couple quarters and my comfy walking shoes available for emergencies.

Thanks ripoffreport.com for making this forum available, and count me in on any class action lawsuit that develops.

Susan
Michigan City, Indiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/28/2006 05:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/tracfone/internet/tracfone-ripoff-pseudo-customer-service-internet-193683. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content