Complaint Review:

• Updated: Sat, October 22, 2016

• Reported By: calvin — Hot Springs Arkansas USA
tracfone
Internet USA

Tracfone They added minutes to wrong phone then would not help me change it. Hot Springs Arkansas

REBUTTAL BOX™ | Respond to this Report! | Consumer Comment

Corporate Advocacy Program

Set the record straight:
Arbitration Program

I recieved a new sim card for a tracfone I already had for two years. I registered and activated the new sim card and choose the option to keep the same phone number. Then went online to buy a phone plan. I texted the customer service to see if my phone number was activated and they replied yes it is. So then I purchased a one year phone plan with minutes. Well my phone still did not respond. So I texted the service dept again to ask why. They said the number your give us was activate but it had been given to someone else after the old sim card expired. They said you bought a phone plan for someones else's phone and there was nothing they could do about it. So I called the Executive Resolution Dept and explained to them that I choose the box marked "keep your same number" but they would not help me. They said there was nothing they could do.

The phone was from tracfone, the plan I bought was from tracfone. They could have transferred the purchase to a new number or give me my back the same number I had been using for two years.

Bo Hope

hope@asi-hs.net

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/22/2016 06:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/tracfone/internet/tracfone-they-added-minutes-to-wrong-phone-then-would-not-help-me-change-it-hot-springs-1334494. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on tracfone