Complaint Review: TracFone

• TracFone
    9700 NW 112th Avenue
    Miami, Florida
    United States of America

TracFone Straight Talk Wireless Refused refund because 30 days had passed, but I have been trying to get satisfaction since I received the FIRST inoperable phone, in Nov. 2011 Miami, Florida

*Consumer Comment: Better off to exchange for diifferent phone

In Nov. of 2011, I orderded a refurbished phone from StraightTalk (TracFone)  When the phone arrived, I couldn't charge it.  I thought they'd sent me the wrong charger.  They sent me another charger of the same kind.  They sent me a pre-paid FedEx mailer, and I returned the phone and both chargers.  They sent me another phone (or the same phone?) with the same problem.  I took the second phone to a cellphone repair shop.  They just looked at it and said there was no "jack" in the place I was supposed to charge it, there was just a hole where the jack should be.

I have had inumerable conversations with customer service to resolve this  matter, to no avail.  And they keep you on the phone an unreasonable amount of time, transferring you to different people and telling them the same story over and over again.  Two of those calls I timed, one was 30 min, the other was an hour.

I demanded my money back, but instead they sent me a THIRD phone.  I did not open it, but had FedEx pick it up and return in to them.

Yesterday, Jan. 30, 2012, I received a phone call from customer service telling me I could not get a refund because it was over 30 days.  At this point I went ballastic.  I said of course its over 30 days, I told her...y'all have been giving me the run-around since Nov. 2011, when I received the first phone.

At this point, I am beyond frustrated, as you can imagine.  My next step will be to call my attorney, the Better Business Bureau, and the Chamber of Commerce of Miami,  Florida.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/01/2012 10:08 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/tracfone/miami-florida-33178/tracfone-straight-talk-wireless-refused-refund-because-30-days-had-passed-but-i-have-been-832299. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Better off to exchange for diifferent phone

AUTHOR: toolman90 - (USA)

I am sorry to hear about your bad experience with Straight Talk. You would have been better off to take the replacement or demand a different phone, because if you were to go to straight talk's website and go into their support link, clicked on more info under support FAQ's, then click on Policies and Procedures, and clicked on Refunds it will say Straight Talk Services are non-refundable. Where as you could have exchanged it for a new phone and only pay the price difference for the phone and they include the shipping and handling charges that you would normally would have to pay for.