Complaint Review: TracFone

• Reported By: Steaming Mad — Temecula California USA
  • TracFone

Nationwide
    USA

Had to replace a Tracfone which had gone bad in just a little over a year.  Bought a new phone and the minutes card.  Was able to get the phone activated and the minutes put on new phone, very difficult procedure.   When we tried to port the number from the prior phone, it didn't work.  Transferred to a customer service(?) agent.  Could hardly understand her, such broken English, I asked to speak to someone else, she refused.  She finally figured out what do do, now understand I had been on the phone with this person for over an hour at this point.  The number was finally transferred.  When attempting to make a call, discovered the minutes I had paid for & put on phone were gone!  Another call with no satisfaction, told me nothing could be done!  Requested to speak with a Supervisor.  Another hour and this person told me he had gotten my minutes on the new phone, that they would show up in a few minutes.  Of course, they never did!  Another call to these clowns, and was informed very rudely that there was nothing that could be done!! The minutes were gone because the brain dead dope had deactivated the phone to transer the minutes, that's not a valid reason to steal the minutes I paid for, the supervisor saw that I had put the minutes on the new phone.  Anyway, I was never told she was going to do that! These crooks refused to make this right.  They are a despicable excuse for a cell phone company!

Also, when we  got the first phone that crashed, I had paid for minutes from Tracfone with a credit card.  What a surprise that 3 days later, I received a fraud notice from my bank that my credit card number had been stolen & someone in an another country had tried to use it!

Please do yourself a favor, stay as far away from this scam of a company as you can.  Any company that hides behind a website & has no physical location that can be verified is up to NO GOOD!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/16/2017 11:33 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/tracfone/nationwide/tracfone-beware-of-using-tracfone-cell-phone-service-they-are-a-colossal-ripoff-na-1406578. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Tracfone, How Stupid Do You Think I am?

AUTHOR: - ()

After filing my initial report on your company, I found a review board with over 1900 complaints on Tracfone!!  Anyone else who is interested in learning more about how this company does business just Google "Reviews & Complaints for Tracfone", only wish I had done this a long time ago!!!

I have wasted far too much time on this matter.  We have moved on to a reputable cell phone company with unlimited minutes for more than half as much less as your Tracfone minute cards!  My original complaint stands!!  If you were so eager to get this problem resolved it should have been done with the original 3 plus hours I spent on the phone trying to get this resolved!

TracFone Beware of using Tracfone Cell Phone service, they are a colossal Ripoff!! ? Nationwide

AUTHOR: TF01 - (USA)

Hi.

I am working with TracFone Wireless and I have read your post in this blog. I know how this has been very frustrating. Please allow us to help you resolve your concerns. You can contact us via chat at bit.ly/2gQCmUz for further assistance. We are looking forward to hear from you very soon. Thank you.

Edzel