Report: #1201737

• Reported By: truth — dallas Texas
  • TRAILER SHOWROOM

Internet
    USA

Trailer showroom is lying and trying to decieve people into believing they are a manufacture and not giving all the facts and caused me to break the LAW.

I ordered a trailer from them thinking I was buying one from the  manufacture and was told I could pick it up in Waco tx.  then I find out I could not and the manufacture told me he tells people this all the time and against the law.

I called the State of Texas DMV and they said that is correct you cannot pick it up at the factory you must pick it up from a license dealer or you will be fined when you go to register the trailer.  Well I called wanting to cancel and buy it from a dealer in Texas and I was told NO i could not have my money back.

Then I called and talked to Rick the owner and he would not return my money even though he knew of the LAW.

So I call the attorney general in texas and they tell me that this business in located in North Carolina and there was nothing they can do about it.

Enclosed trailer texas this guys a scam artist cargo trailers texas

Jim

Dallas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/14/2015 05:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/trailer-showroom/internet/trailer-showroom-rick-mckeithan-trailer-showroom-is-a-liar-do-not-buy-your-enclosed-trai-1201737. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
2Employee/Owner

Well Im not sure about his complaint but I know there not truthful

AUTHOR: courtney - (USA)

I went with a friend to pick up his trailer at there retail location the so call have in texas which he states he has a license in and it was the manufacture.  when we asked where the trailer showroom office was they said its over there but we all work for the factory and there is o trailer showroom employees here.  So to make a long story short in the previous rebutal trailer showroom states due to texas law customers cannot pick up at the the manufacture which is what he had us do lol.   This place is shady and really we learned its better and Cheaper  to buy from an instate dealer by the time we paid all the fines.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Inaccurate statements regarding our company

AUTHOR: Trailershowroom.com - (USA)

This customer is mistaken in his assertions regarding our company. To be honest I'm not sure that this person is a customer of ours. I don't show a customer named Jim who is from Dallas in our records database. Having said that I suppose he could be using an alias for one reason or another.

Contrary to this person's assertion, while it is true that we are a licensed distributor in the state of North Carolina, we are also a licensed distributor in the state of Texas. We have outlets in a number of states and we ship literally around the world. We are a GSA approved contractor and sell to the federal government, the military, and any number of state and federal agencies. We also have contracted with such companies as General Electric, Westinghouse, CSX Transportation, and Alaska Airlines in the past just to name a few.

As for the assertion that we somehow mislead this person, I would direct him to our website which plainly states that the trailers ordered from the Waco location have to be picked up at our retail location due to an obscure Texas law that restricts customers from being able to pick up directly from the manufacturing facility.

If we refused to refund this persons security deposit then the trailer that he ordered had already been sent to production. It's called a security deposit for a reason. It keeps unscrupulous persons from ordering from us and then after their trailers are in production cancelling their orders and leaving us stuck with a custom trailer and no customer for it.

I'm sorry that this person was apparently unhappy with having to take delivery of his trailer at a location other than the manufacturing facility but literally hundreds of other customers seem perfectly happy with that fact. I guess the old saying is true in this case, "you can't please all the people all the time"........but we honestly do try.

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

The customer has misrepresented our company

AUTHOR: Trailershowroom.com - (USA)

This customer is mistaken in his assertations regarding our company. To be honest I'm not sure that this person is a customer of ours. I don't show a customer named Jim who is from Dallas in our records database. Having said that I suppose he could be using an alias for one reason or another.

Contrary to this person's assertation, while it is true that we are a licensed distributor in the state of North Carolina, we are also a licensed distributor in the state of Texas. We have outlets in a number of states and we ship literally around the world. We are a GSA approved contractor and sell to the federal govrnment, the military, and any number of state and federal agencies. We also have contracted with such companies as General Electric, Westinghouse, CSX Transportation, and Alaska Airlines in the past just to name a few.

As for the assertation that we somehow mislead this person, I would direct him to our website which plainly states that the trailers ordered from the Waco location have to be picked up at our retail location due to an obscure Texas law that restricts customers from being able to pick up directly from the manufacturing facility.

If we refused to refund this persons security deposit then the trailer that he ordered had already been sent to production. It's called a security deposit for a reason. It keeps unscrupulous persons from ordering from us and then after their trailers are in production cancelling their orders and leaving us stuck with a custom trailer and no customer for it.