Complaint Review: Transauto LLC

14503 Grover St, Suite 106
    Omaha, Nebraska
    USA

Transauto LLC Sold me a car that was a ticking time bomb Omaha Nebraska

Almost exactly one month after I bought a 2004 Chevy Classic (Malibu) from Transauto one of the bolts that connects the inner workings of the transmission to the crankshaft of the engine came loose. When it did that it got jammed between the flywheel and the engine block and cracked the block. So the engine is ruined.

When I took the car into the local repair shop to find out what had happened, he told me that the only way that the bolt or bolts could have come loose is if someone had recently replaced the engine or transmission and didn't install the bolts correctly.

When I found out what had happened, I contacted Parvis Atomov with Transauto and told him about it. He told me he had not owned the car for very long and had no record of the engine being replaced. And because the vehicle was sold "as is" he told me he was not responsible for any problems I had with the car. He did not offer any financial assistance or help repairing the car.

He claims he didn't own the car very long, but according to the title he had owned the car since January 2013. I bought the car from him in March of 2014. I only put about 800 miles on the car before the bolts came loose and ruined the engine. Which tells me that the repair work on the engine/transmission had to have been done within the last year.

I obviously regret having any dealings with Transauto. My first red flag should have been the fact that they list their cars on Craigslist under "private party" even though they are a dealer. The second red flag should have been when they required the payment for the car to be in cash, no checks accepted.

Now I have a $4,000 car that I need to dump at least another $1,000 into (that doesn't include labor) to get it running again.

Don't become a victim. Stay away from Transauto!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/02/2014 10:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/transauto-llc/omaha-nebraska-68144/transauto-llc-sold-me-a-car-that-was-a-ticking-time-bomb-omaha-nebraska-1143542. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content