Complaint Review: Travelbridge

• Reported By: Missouri City TX
  • Travelbridge
    17175 Tomball Parkway, Suite 5c, Houston, TX 77064
    Houston, Texas

Travelbridge ripoff great deception speakers no promises kept no calls returned fraudulent con artist consumer fraud Houston Texas

My husband and I attended the very High Energy Grand Opening Day at Travelbridge. The presentation and discount promotions sounded too good to be true. However, the very well-trained sales staff was very persuasive with one lie covering the next. My husband and I enjoy traveling with our four children and we agreed that these discounts to help us in many ways.

We agreed to join Travelbridge. We selected the free trip to Las Vegas. Left the Grand Opening Day feeling like we had just joined the best kept secret in travel!

I immediately came home and scheduled my days of free classes to become the best travel agent I could be! I was totally fired-up! Cookies and coffee at each graduation, handouts of every destination imaginable, binders containing phone numbers and websites to supposedly secret numbers that only "travel agents" have access to! How exciting!

Upon graduation of the class days, I came home and begin telling everyone I knew that I was now a travel agent and to let me assist them with their next travel arrangements! What a joke that became. Every fare I offered was higher than what they could arrange with another travel agent. Cruises were substantial to others my friends already knew of. My mother booked a flight with me (out of pity, I believe) and she paid twice what she could have made directly through the airline.

Our free trip to Las Vegas! The saying holds true. You cannot get anything for FREE! ... and we haven't, yet! I did mail the $75.00 per person to insure the trip -- I guess it will be returned when Travelbridge feels it has made enough interest off of me. How could I have been such an easy target???

Mimi
Houston, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/29/2002 09:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/travelbridge/houston-texas-77064/travelbridge-ripoff-great-deception-speakers-no-promises-kept-no-calls-returned-fraudulent-21725. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content