Complaint Review: Travelex

• Reported By: BF — GAITHERSBURG Maryland United States of America
  • Travelex

Internet
    United States of America

Travelex, Travelex cash passport BEWARE RIP OFF!!!! NEGLIGENT FRAUD PREVENTION DEPARTMENT...THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT THEIR CUSTOMERS, Internet

So I have been a Travelex customer  for a couple years now since I travel frequently to Europe. A few ago, my card was lost and fraudulently used by an unknown individual(s). Travelex who claims they use "advanced" fraud prevention NEVER detected all the UNUSUAL and REPEATED high amount transactions. By the time I realized the problem it was too late. I hoped they would at least reimburse the fraudulent charges, but since they don't care  and refuse to lose a dime although they claim customers have a zero liability on all unauthorized transaction, they sent me few days later a denial claiming I didn't protect my info.....

How the hell did they come up with that? How can it be proven? TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT. They will even accuse you and put the liability on you just not to pay back. Travelex does false advertisement. Beware, they do not monitor or refund your funds in case of fraud. Also, they stop issuing replacement cards to U.S. customers. So if you are traveling and need a card ASAP, you are out of luck, but they won't tell you until that happens. They exchange rates are also ridiculously high. DO NOT DEAL WITH TRAVELEX. TOTAL RIP OFF, LACK OF CONSIDERATION, AND EMPTY PROMISES = TRAVELEX. I am on the process on publishing additional material and taking them to court. I am gathering all the information I need. DO not be another victim!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/01/2012 10:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/travelex/internet/travelex-travelex-cash-passport-beware-rip-off-negligent-fraud-prevention-department-963188. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content