Complaint Review: Travelocity

• Reported By: westland Michigan
  • Travelocity
    www.travelocity.com
    Internet

Travelocity Sorry you had to pay $90 to get on plane, we only made a partial payment to Spirit Airlines. Internet

My Granddaughter had to pay $90 to get on a plane that I had reserved and paid with my credit card. When she arrived in Las Vegas where I was, I called Travelocity to get an explanation but got nowhere. They said they would call me back on my cell in 24 hours. This did not happen.

When we returned two days later, I asked a Spirit gate agent for information. She said that Travelocity made a partial payment of 434.40 toward the fare of $524.40. The actual Travelocity stated fare was $651.04 in the email I received when I booked the reservation.

Spirit agent also said that they have problems with Travelocity and another internet travel discounter.

I called Travelocity again and they confirmed that a partial payment was made, but they had no valid explanation as to why. Also they could not explain the difference between there $651.04 fare total and Spirit's $524.40 fare total.

Checking my credit card online transactions shows two debits and one credit that sum up to $651.04.

Travelocity says it may take up to 21 days to resolve the issue. This company is playing games with people's money!

Rudy
westland, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/19/2008 09:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/travelocity/internet/travelocity-sorry-you-had-to-pay-90-to-get-on-plane-we-only-made-a-partial-payment-to-sp-342206. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content