Complaint Review: TravelStars International

• TravelStars International
    861 LaCosta
    N. Ft. Myers, Florida
    United States of America

TravelStars International Ronald and Carolyn Clark Scam. Not group tour. Free trip for Clark's on my dollar. Scammed elderly people previously. N. Ft. Myers, Florida

Received email Feb. 1, 2012, for an escorted tour to Scotland/Ireland.  Led to believe this would be a group tour costing $4,627 for the Scotland portion of the trip.  Ireland was to be a private tour costing an additional $4,000.  I gave Mr. Clark a bank certified check for $7,000 for both portions of the trip.

On June 24 I contacted the Clark's to see if the tour was still scheduled.  At that time I was told the itinerary was set, and I would be the only traveler to Scotland.  I told Mr. Clark that the itinerary was not the trip I wanted but was told all reservations were made and prepaid and would be difficult to cancel. Because I already invested $7,000 plus airfare, I gave Mr. Clark an additional $4,000 and thought I just had to make the best of it.  The trip was planned around what the Clark's wanted to see and do.

Upon returning home, I contacted a former business associate of Mr. Clark and was told I was not first person they scammed.  The former associate stopped doing business with the Clark's because of their unscrouplous business practices.  The Clark's like to travel and use unsuspecting tourists to pay their way.

I have contacted the Better Business Bureau and the Florida Attorney General's office.   I allowed myself to be scammed and do not want TravelStars International to take advantage of more senior citizens.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/05/2012 05:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/travelstars-international/n-ft-myers-florida-33917/travelstars-international-ronald-and-carolyn-clark-scam-not-group-tour-free-trip-for-cl-936941. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content