Complaint Review: TravlerHelpDesk

• Reported By: Sue — Roseville California USA
  • TravlerHelpDesk

Internet
    USA

TravlerHelpDesk Not refunding airfare for a ticket that no longer was what I paid for Internet

*Author of original report: Update

They advertised a first class ticket from Sacramento to Houston for $865.00 but to buy that ticket I had to call.  When we set up everything and found one that worked the price changed to $1,065.  I had spent so much time I went ahead and purchased it. I purchased the ticket November 28, 2016 for the flight in August 2017

I then recieved and email from United that that flight was no longer available.  I spent an hour with them trying to find flights that worked.  They basically had nothing.  No direct flights and none that were first class and the times changed drastically.  I asked if I could get a refund and was told yes it would be no problem.  Then I received an email stating that it was a United credit.  I didn't want that as their flights don't seem to work for me.  I was told since I had purchased it from a traval agency they would have to rufund my money.

I called Travel Help Desk in April 2017 to notify them of the issue and was told they would contact the airline and I would receive my refund shortly.  I called back a week later and was told a few more days.  I called back May 8, and was told 5 more days.  I started using their chat feature on May 15 so I would have a paper trail and was told a few more days that the airling had to open the ticket.  I verified with the airline that the ticket had been open and all they had to do was request the refund.  I then had another chat May 22, 2017 and was told the same thing, a few more days.

It is now June 10, 2017 and I still have not received my refund and was told yet again that it would be 2 or 3 days.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/10/2017 11:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/travlerhelpdesk/internet/travlerhelpdesk-not-refunding-airfare-for-a-ticket-that-no-longer-was-what-i-paid-for-int-1378366. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
0Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Update

AUTHOR: - ()

I received an email from United that the travel agency had been issued a refund.  When I contactated TravelHelpDesk I was told it would take 1 to 2 payment cycles.  I questioned that they were able to take the money within minutes yet it takes 30 to 60 days to refund something they have in had.  I was just left in chat with no further communication.  This company is the worst!  RUN don't walk away from them.  Check the reiviews on them.  Had I done so I would have never purchased from them.