Complaint Review: Treehouse Marketing and Rocky Mountain Collections

• Reported By: Anchorage Alaska
  • Treehouse Marketing and Rocky Mountain Collections
    740 N530 E Orem Utah
    Orem, Utah

Treehouse Marketing Rocky Mountain Collections ripoff threats and intimidation of ruining my credit Orem Utah

I ordered the slimpatch only to find that I am unable to use because of a medical condition. I returned all patches, disputed the charge of $20 on my credit card, and closed it out.

I just received a very nasty, threatening phone call from someone representing the Rocky Mountain Collection agency. This person called me at work and was verbelly abusive. He told me that I would have to go to Utah to have this item resolved. After I stopped laughing, I told him that I had returned the product unopened, asking for a refund and that I had proof of mailing. The person I was talking to informed me that I did not mail the product back in the 30 day time period, and that my credit would be ruined for seven years.

The good news is that I felt uncomfortable with the whole transaction, so I stopped it before they could get the $299. If this company is on the up and up, they would have contacted me as soon as they realized that I had filed a dispute with my credit card company.

As soon as I send this off, I plan to call the Utah Consumer Affairs Office and make a report to Mr Kim Morris. These people need to be stopped. Now.

Christina
Anchorage, Alaska

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/17/2002 07:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/treehouse-marketing-and-rocky-mountain-collections/orem-utah/treehouse-marketing-rocky-mountain-collections-ripoff-threats-and-intimidation-of-ruining-38544. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content