Complaint Review: TRILEGIANT CORP

• Reported By: Dawn88 — Dublin California USA
  • TRILEGIANT CORP

Internet
    United States of America

TRILEGIANT CORP Shoppers Advantage Promise Vouchers, Don't Send Them & Bill Your Credit Card for THREEE Different Entities (So Far), Internet

Started with a telemarketing call in June 2012, from Shoppers Advantage.  They promised me $120 in free gas vouchers to join a "Discount Shopping Club."  I'd pay $1 first month, could cancel anytime and keep the vouchers.  If I didn't cancel, would be billed $29.98 a month.

I took notes, since the Rep talked so fast, right off a script.  I agreed to join, knowing I'd cancel the day I got their package.  Got it 3 wks later, no $120 in gas vouchers!  I had jotted the number and called to cancel, still getting heavy resistance.  Got a Confirmation number and figured that was it.

A week later, I start getting "Great Fun" mailings, with membership card.  Have no idea who they are, looked closer to see I was about to be billed $19.99 a month from them!  I called immediately, canceled, got Confirmation number.

Get my Visa bill, and was dinged $1 for THREE companies, and $29.98 from "Budget Savers." I don't even know who they are!  Immediately call and cancel, they promise to "credit my $29.98 back."  I'm not buying any of this.

I call VISA directly, tell them the story.  They have heard of "Shoppers Advantage" and "Budget Savers" already....("Great Fun" is a new one)!  I make sure Visa knows the deal, so I won't get stuck with any future charges.

Apparently these three "companies" are all owned by TRILEGIANT CORP.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/27/2012 03:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/trilegiant-corp/internet/trilegiant-corp-shoppers-advantage-promise-vouchers-dont-send-them-bill-your-credit-ca-918536. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content