Complaint Review: Tropical Twisters Gymnastics

• Reported By: Cindy — cape coral Florida
  • Tropical Twisters Gymnastics

Cape Coral, Florida
    USA

Tropical Twisters Gymnastics Would not remove a late fee, that I should not have been charged. Cape Coral Florida

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Late Fee issue

*Author of original report: Response to Tropical Twister

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Customer informed of policies

My daughter took classes there every Thursday.  When I showed up on Nov. 6th, I went to the counter to pay my monthly bill, which I always do at the beginning of the month.  Jessica informed me that there was a 25.00 late fee on my account because I should have paid it by the 5th.  I said, "Well, we only come for classes once a week, we were not here yesterday, today is the 6th, can you remove the fee as a one time courtesy?"  She said, "I can only remove it if you give me your credit card or check card to sign you up for automatic payments."  I said, "No, I guess we will not be coming back then."  She then said, "Well you didn't give us a 30 day notice so if you don't pay for this month, plus the late fee, you will be turned over to collections."  We walked out.  These people need to take a course in customer service.  I would never go back to this place.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/07/2014 03:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/tropical-twisters-gymnastics/cape-coral-florida/tropical-twisters-gymnastics-would-not-remove-a-late-fee-that-i-should-not-have-been-cha-1187492. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
0Consumer
2Employee/Owner

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Late Fee issue

AUTHOR: Lisa Johnson - (United States of America)

This particular late fee was not brought to my attention as the owner. Of course we give all our clients a one time courtesy exception for the late fee. If it happens a second time, then we do charge the late fee or client is required to give us a credit card.  I wish this particular client would have asked to speak directly to the owner and it would have been easily resolved.

Too many people are quick to pounce on a mistake but do not take action or give us a chance to resolve it before it becomes an actual problem.  This could have all been fixed in less then 5 minutes.  We appreciate each and everyone of our customers and want to hear from them, good or bad.

The actual tuition is due on the 1st of every month, with a grace period until the 5th of every month which is in the rules and policies signed by each of our clients. The 6th would have been 5 days late, not 1.

We feel privileged to be a part of your children's lives.

Sincerely

Lisa Johnson

Response to Tropical Twister

AUTHOR: Cindy - ()

This matter has already been resolved, so this was a very strange response from the owner.  They know I was never late prior to this incident where they wanted to charge me the late fee.  They already sent me an apology letter a week after the incident, free coupons to come back, and waived the late fee.

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Customer informed of policies

AUTHOR: Lisa Johnson - ()

Tuition is DUE on or by the 5th of every month, regardless of when they have the class scheduled.

This has been in our rules and polcies from the first day we have opened. Cindy knew this as proven by the signed release of the rules and policies waiver she turned in, allowing her daughter to participate.  I was informed by my secretary that she had been late on her tuition before in which the late fee was waived by my secretary as a courtesy to her. She also informed Cindy that the fee could not waived if it happened again.  We sent her a letter to help make things right and to make her happy. However she did not repspond.  Her child was very happy with our coaching staff and was having fun, making progress. We are sorry for the incident, but the rules and policies are well documented and acknowledged by the customer. All of our customers are treated fairly and professionally.

We are known for our great customer service and our number 1 priority is to make our customers, especially their children, happy!