Report: #431923

• TRS RECOVERY SERVICES, INC
    5251 Westheimer
    Houston, Texas

TRS RECOVERY SERVICES, INC TRS Ruins Peoples Lives Houston Texas

I became aware on the 5 TH of March, 2009 that my identity has been tampered with. Someone had or has gotten hold of an old bank account information, checks from my last bank, I had an account, which I closed in April, 2008. I had been sent a collection notice from the company TRS Recovery Service, formally known as tele-check and I called them and told them that, that wasn't me, who wrote this check, that my account with that bank was closed last year and I am with a new bank now.

I have also gone into my old Bank of America branch and notified them of this problem and they can only do what they're able, until this so called bad is returned to them, which has not yet been released to my old bank by TRS and the bank told me that since they have received this so called check back by now, something sounds suspicious with this company. TRS refused to help me, nor take notice that is an identity issue, fraud to fix the problem, because of this; I am unable to write checks to local merchants without them telling me my check has been denied.

I am now in the process of notifying the proper people, I have contacted the DMV to get a new drivers license, which DMV adviced me not to, I have contacted the social security dept and I am putting a police report in and I have also submitted a complaint with the FTC pertaining to my identity being used, stolen, and against TRS, and TRS is making this very difficult for me because they are refusing the fix the problem so I can write checks, make it known to them, my identity is being used or has been.

Linda
Everett, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/08/2009 04:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/trs-recovery-services-inc/houston-texas-77056/trs-recovery-services-inc-trs-ruins-peoples-lives-houston-texas-431923. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content