Complaint Review: Trygar Music

• Trygar Music
    128 Grant Ave
    Vandergrift, Pennsylvania
    United States of America

Trygar Music John Trygar, D.D. Trygar, Dee Trygar Theft by deception/Sale on basis of misrepresentation Vandergrift, Pennsylvania

I paid $800 for (what I was told was) an early '60's Gibson EB-0 bass guitar, from Mr. Trygar's "private collection". The hand-written receipt states "Gibson EB-0 Bass", as well as the tag on the (non-Gibson) chipboard case that the guitar was stored and came in.
About a year after purchasing the guitar, I found myself in a financial jam and needed quick cash- so I took it to the area's largest musical instrument "supercenter" . Not only was I offered no money, but I was told the bass was not an authentic Gibson instrument!
I have seen Mr Trygar a few times since, and he won't even look me in the eye. Don't buy a musical instrument in Vandergrift, PA...

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/04/2013 06:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/trygar-music/vandergrift-pennsylvania-15690/trygar-music-john-trygar-dd-trygar-dee-trygar-theft-by-deceptionsale-on-basis-of-misr-1023088. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content