Report: #720736

Complaint Review: Turbo Tax Green Dot

• Submitted: Fri, April 22, 2011
  • Updated: Sun, July 03, 2011
  • Reported By: Carolyn Taxpayer — Williamsburg Virginia United States of America
  • Turbo Tax Green Dot

Internet
    United States of America

Turbo Tax Green Dot Green Dot Card Double Refund, Green Dot Card, Turbo Tax, Sweepstakes, Misrepresented, Fraud Internet

*Consumer Comment: Green Dot Corp: You are definitely not telling the truth

*Consumer Comment: You are not telling the Truth

*UPDATE Employee: Green Dot Corporation

Turbo Tax Green Dot Double Refund is a Fraud. It is represented as a promotional deal where you can either get your refund normally or you could get it on a Green Dot Prepaid Visa card and double your refund.  I know it sounded too good to be true, and when I searched for fradulent reports all I could find is address problems and delay in getting card/refund. There is no double refund, it is a sweepstakes.  Also, if you are married filing jointly, the card is not in both of your names, you have to pay to get that.  That seemed fair, and they were up front. However, if you have questions, they will not talk to the spouse who was not first on the tax form -- regardless of identifying information, etc.  Changing the order of your names can delay your refund, so I didn't want to do that.

I read all of the fine print, and surfed for information, trusted Turbo Tax, and crossed my fingers.  I thought Green Dot was trying to create a new database, and since their cards have so many fees, they can get their money back eventually. If it was presented clearly, it wasn't on the page that described the "special".

I am very disappointed in the way it was represented. I'm not going to trust Turbo Tax any more. I was miffed when I found out they raise their prices if you file in April anyway, and this is just the end.

Just get a direct deposit. It's faster and trustworthy and you don't lose any more money. Taxes are high enough. Hope my sucker-story helps others.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/22/2011 07:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/turbo-tax-green-dot/internet/turbo-tax-green-dot-green-dot-card-double-refund-green-dot-card-turbo-tax-sweepstakes-720736. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
3Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Green Dot Corp: You are definitely not telling the truth

AUTHOR: scammed8 - (United States of America)

I'm writing to reaffirm the rebuttal of the consumer above. It is a lie to say that you communicated the sweepstakes requirements clearly on your website. I only found out that it was a sweepstakes by reading online about other people who have been scammed by the promotion. I had to keep digging to find the information about the sweepstakes on your website.

The reason we are reporting the promotion as a fraud is that the window that says you can double your tax refund does not at all mention that it is a sweepstakes. Turbo Tax then takes you to a page where you apply for the card--I do not recall any mention that it was a sweepstakes at all in this whole process.

And never mind the exorbitant fees that you pile on once the card is opened.

Shame on Intuit/Turbo Tax for collaborating with you.

You are not telling the Truth

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (United States of America)

It was never clear on the Turbo Tax site that the "Double refund" depends on sweepstakes. So please dont lie about it. It is a rip off that you dont pay us the double refund you promised and on top of that charge exhorbitant fees for using this card. Truly disappointed with the whole Intuit Organization.

Green Dot Corporation

AUTHOR: Green Dot - (United States of America)

We apologize for your experience.  We have done our best to communicate our sweepstakes requirements on our website and minimal fee structure on our Terms and Conditions, website and packaging. We assure you that Turbo Tax and Green Dot are a safe and secure way to receive your tax refund and thousands of customers successfully use this product on a daily basis.

We are committed to offering the best value for your money and we thank you for bringing this to our attention.