Complaint Review: Turkey Hill gas stations

• Turkey Hill gas stations
    216 Pike St
    Nationwide
    USA

Turkey Hill gas stations (Kroger) Premium gas price gouging! Port Carbon Nationwide

*Author of original report: I need to explain to you?

*Consumer Comment: And?

A few weeks ago, I noticed the Turkey hill gas stations (a.k.a. Kroger) in the Pottsville PA 17901 area jacked up the premium gas prices an additional .20 cents making the price .60 cents higher than regular. (all other stations around have not and remain at .40 cents over regular)  This may or may not be happening at other locations but most likely is.

I contacted the company thru email and finally got a "canned" cut and past response that did not even apply to what I wrote about!?!   Some customer service they have!

They would not give me a valid reason for this so I can only assume they are doing it soley to gain more money from unsuspecting customers. (most people would not even notice)

Up until now, I have purchased all my premium fuel from their stations as I have a large antique car collection that uses this type fuel.  I will NO LONGER give them any of my business!

I'm sure the other gas stations in this area will be happy to get my money.  I will not deal with a company that tries to gouge me. Hopefully they end up losing money but to do so, many will have to notice and boycott them as I am doing.

Thanks for reading.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/10/2017 04:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/turkey-hill-gas-stations/nationwide/turkey-hill-gas-stations-kroger-premium-gas-price-gouging-port-carbon-nationwide-1360909. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

I need to explain to you?

AUTHOR: - ()

Well I don't know what it is to you pal but what I wrote explains it all.  I don't feel the need to justify anything to you. I posted this is to warn others that may not notice their little gimmick and to hopefully send them elsewhere.

Hopefully you can grasp that.

And?

AUTHOR: Robert - (USA)

So what is the problem?  This may come as a shock to you but a company can charge what ever it wants for a product or service..including Gas.  It is up to the consumer to decide if they are willing to pay that price.

You feel it was to high so you are taking your business elsewhere which is exactly what you should do.  But seriously writing to the company to have them justify the price?

Do you write a company everytime their prices are different than the store down the street?  Even on a "big ticket" item such as a car do you force the dealer to "justify" the price they are giving you?  Do you ask for all of the invoices related to the car?  Do you write their corporate asking them to justify why they are charging you what they do?  Do you write "RipOff" reports if they don't do this?

Your right most people would probably not notice a "difference" between the price of different grades.  They just look at the price for the grade they usually buy.  If the price for the grade I buy is $2.00 at place A and $2.20 at place B, I don't care if the difference between the lower grade and my grade at place A is $1 and at place B is only $0.10...Place A is still cheaper for my gas so I will go there.