Complaint Review: TV Daily Deals

• Reported By: Carl — Farmington Hills Michigan United States
  • TV Daily Deals

United States

TV Daily Deals Bait-and-switch TV sales

Purchased LG OLEDB7P and after purchase called to confirm status of order.  Was told I should have seen a popup when purchasing to sign a "waiver of warranty" since the tv was not the same spec as most models being sold or reviewed.  This was because "the panel was not manufactured in Mexico where the normal panels were manufactured" and were only 6bit not the 10bit of most OLED tvs.  They wanted me to upgrade to a full 10bit panel.  I refused and asked if I would get the model I ordered and was assured I would, but it would be a different SKU.  I asked again if I would get the model I ordered, and was assured I would, "but to get the quality I was expecting I would have to upgrade".  I again refused and was told I needed to sign a waiver of warranty that I would receive it via email, "right away".

I did not receive the email "right away", and still haven't.  I have reviewed information on the manufacturer's web site and all LG OLED TVs currently being sold have 10bit panels.  The model I ordered and is still for sale is a current 2017 model.  In addition, the warranty waiver is likely because the TV is not being sold by an authorized dealer and would have no manufacturer's warranty.

I confirmed all information from the order and immediately after the call my order status changed to "NTN", which, based on an internet search means Need To Notify, even though everything has been verified and I didn't want the upgrade. Others in a similar situation indicates the order is on indefinate hold I agree to upgrade or cancel the order.

Classic bait-and-switch.  Stay waway, far far away.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/27/2017 05:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/tv-daily-deals/-/tv-daily-deals-bait-and-switch-tv-sales-1413734. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content