Almost 2 yrs ago on August 27, 2005 I was visiting a Petco sponsored event: "Chihuahua Races".
This event was held at Reverchon Park in Dallas, TX. I was sitting on a curb & unbeknownst to me there was a live wire next to my shoulder coming down from a light pole & when I turned, my shoulder touched it & it made me grab it & flipped me over to the other side of the pole & with every bit of strength & power in my body I could not let it go. It was also on a wet, muddy ground. It was exactly like a cartoon with me feeling extreme shaking & extremley strong voltage throughout every bit of my body. I was yelling: "I can't let go!" Hundreds of people attended this event & I guess they wanted to see someone get electrocuted. They did nothing!! Only by the Grace of God, I was released & I was able to let go of the wire & stand up. The (loosely used) Security Guard as I was told later was standing by watching the entire thing!!
I was extremely disoriented, but as I said no one did anything. I did not have a cell phone or the good sense to ask someone to call 911. I actually drove myself to the emergency room & my blood pressure registered at 165/over another # that I have forgotten now. I contacted an Attorney who as of this minute has not done anything as far as I know. He has not filed suit against anyone. Fast forward to November of that year & I experienced extreme pain & I had to take off work for a few days & I was hospitalized w/pain above my elbow. I was diagnosed with bulging discs, of course which had never ever bothered me in my life before.
I feel strongly that TXU Electric, Petco, & the City of Dallas failed horribly in protecting the public & had a child or an elderly person(of which there were many) came in contact with that live wire they would have been killed by the voltage I sustained that day. This is a day that forever traumitized me. I have become very afraid of anything electical.
Tell me what you think? Does my attorney work for the other side??