Complaint Review: U-Haul Kyler Kyle

• Reported By: Houston Texas
  • U-Haul Kyler Kyle
    11202 Antione Dr. @ Beltway 8
    Houston, Texas

U-Haul I was charged for a 2 day rental when I only rented 1 day. I was under the impression that I until closing time the next day to return the truck. I returned the truck 2 hrs later and was charged for 1 extra day. Houston Texas

*Consumer Comment: Read your Contract...

This is outrageous!!! How is it that someone has to pay for a 2 day truck rental when they only rented it and returned it for 1 day. What 's 2 hr extra. I am a frequent user of U-HAUL services for their trucks and storage. I've rented trucks from numerous times and has never experienced being ripped off like I have now. I've also returned their truck 1hr -2hr late once before and was not charged for a 2nd day but was charged for the two extra hours. I expected to pay for the two extra hours not another days rental. I will no-longer be using their services ever again.

UB
Houston, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/24/2008 10:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/u-haul-kyler-kyle/houston-texas-77066/u-haul-i-was-charged-for-a-2-day-rental-when-i-only-rented-1-day-i-was-under-the-impressi-343613. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Read your Contract...

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

The rental period is a 24 hour rental. So if you rent it at 1pm, it has to be returned by 1pm the next day or you will be charged extra. This is what they did before by charging you for the extra time, and you didn't seem to have a problem with it.

Now, it probably also states in your contract that after a certain amount of time you get charged for the full day. Even if it is not in there usually with the hourly rate after 2-3 hours it becomes cheaper to charge for the full day.