Complaint Review: U. S. Bank

Omaha, Nebraska
  • Phone: 402-935-7400
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

U. S. Bank When it comes to overdraft fees there should be laws that limit the amount you pay in overdraft fees Omaha Nebraska

*Consumer Suggestion: THERE IS AN EASY WAY OUT OF THIS

*Consumer Comment: There are laws about passing bad checks.

Talk about exploitation. I am a middle class blue collar worker. Situations arise when doing the right thing right away is almost impossible. I have been a customer at U.S. Bank for several years now, and I have occasionally overdrafted my account. I do not have good enough credit to have a line of credit attached to my account, so when I overdraft it is not covered. I get charged an overdraft fee of $37.50 per overdraft. I have looked up information @ www.help with my bank.gov and it states that banks have a tendency to pay the largest check first rather than pay by the order in which it was recieved. It is the way that banks exploit the lower and middle class by using strong arm tactics. Since there is no written legislation that protects consumers from getting unreasonable overdraft fees, banks can basicly "do as they will," by manipulating the rules so that it works out in their favor. I have no qualms in paying a overdraft fee, however there should be limits set by law that prevent the bank from exploiting their own customers. There should also be rules and regulations on the amount of time a check "clears" so that charges on the account can be more predictable. The bottom line is that when it comes to the economy you cannot stimulate economic growth when you keep pushing your own citizens deeper into debt. Someone out there who has had this happen to them let me know, I want to start a petition and pass some laws that prevent this from continuing.

Hylton
Omaha, Nebraska

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/27/2008 05:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/u-s-bank/omaha-nebraska-68137/u-s-bank-when-it-comes-to-overdraft-fees-there-should-be-laws-that-limit-the-amount-you-344875. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
2Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#1 Consumer Suggestion

THERE IS AN EASY WAY OUT OF THIS

AUTHOR: Cat - (U.S.A.)

You are using the lower and middle class as an excuse. It is not what type of job you have or how much money you make. It is about living within a budget and living within your means. If you know you have an issue with overdrafting from time to time then go back to using only cash and no debit card purchases because then it is back to basic adding and subtracting skills. If you can not do that and you find yourself still overdrafting then close your account and just use only cash.

The last thing you need is an credit card to attach to your account. That is just adding more fuel to the fire. Live on a plan, pay off debts, get debt free and then you will not be overdrafting your accounts. Most people live their entire lives and never have any insuffecient fund fees. They are not rich, but we do not look for the government to solve our problems, we take charge and solve it ourselves. We have a "I can do it myself" mentality not a "poor me' .

Try it I think you will see just how much money you will have once you make out a budget, live on it and stop spending until your debts are paid off. Then you will be quite surprised just how much money you do have. It works.
Cat

There are laws about passing bad checks.

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

luckily for you, no one really enforces them anymore and the checks get paid, yet you complain about it. Stop spending money you don't have=no fees.