Complaint Review: UAV Coach

• Reported By: New Drone consumer — San Francisco California USA
  • UAV Coach

Internet
    USA

UAV Coach Alan Perlman The owner states he is an experienced drone pilot and is able to teach new drone users. HE DOESNT EVEN FLY DRONES. He has less than 6 months of experience. They are currently being investigated by multiple agencies for acting as a law firm. They have been filing exemptions with the faa as a law firm and they are not a law firm. New York, NY Internet

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Response from UAV Coach / Alan Perlman

Mr. Alan Perlman states he is a uav expert and has the ability to teach new drone operators how to fly safely. 1. He has less than 6 months flying experience and cannot fly himself so how can he train? 2. The certification is useless. 3. He has been getting faa exemptions under the veil of being a lawfirm. Now the company is being investigated because people had uavcoach file 333 exemptions for them. The exemptions came out wrong and no people are stuck holding the bag. This guy is a total and complete fraud.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/14/2016 07:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/uav-coach/internet/uav-coach-alan-perlman-the-owner-states-he-is-an-experienced-drone-pilot-and-is-able-to-1316851. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
0Consumer
1Employee/Owner

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Response from UAV Coach / Alan Perlman

AUTHOR: Alan - ()

I take accusations like this very seriously. UAV Coach is a legitimate business, one that I run with integrity. We have thousands of happy customers that would attest to this. I’m more than happy to provide a point-by-point response to these false claims.

1) Regarding my experience: I am an FAA-certified drone pilot and have been logging flight hours on sUAS / drones since 2014. I have done exhaustive research and drawn on the expertise of deeply skilled drone pilots and aviation experts to create the resources and courses available on UAVCoach.com. Furthermore, my company’s results speak for themselves. To date, we have trained over 5,400 people via our Drone Pilot Ground School test prep course for the FAA Aeronautical Knowledge Test (commonly called the Part 107 test). Over 99% of our students pass the Part 107 test on their first attempt.

2) Regarding the certification: I am not sure what you are referring to when you say the certification is useless. Today, commercial pilots are required to obtain a Remote Pilot Certificate from the FAA, and our Drone Pilot Ground School Course prepares folks to obtain that certification. Additionally, we provide our students with a diploma when they complete our course. Because we hold our students to a higher standard with our flight proficiency check, many of our students think this diploma has a great deal of value for demonstrating to potential employers and clients the effort they have invested in becoming trained UAV pilots.

3) Regarding your claims that UAV Coach represented itself as a law firm and is under investigation for filing 333 exemptions: These claims are false.

Neither I nor anyone representing UAV Coach has ever claimed to be a law firm, and there are not now, nor have there ever been, investigations into UAV Coach for filing 333 exemptions. In fact, there have never been any kind of investigations into myself or UAV Coach.

If anyone has any concerns, please email me directly at support[at]uavcoach[dot]com.