Complaint Review: Uber Technologies

• Reported By: Guary — Jamaica New York USA
  • Uber Technologies

Nationwide
    USA

Uber Technologies Uber Cancelled Trip by driver Queens Village New York Nationwide

I ordered an Uber ride on mach 24th from queens village to my house by JFK Airport. My wife & I waited outside looking for the car, on my iphone screen the driver was turning at a nearby corner & the ETA was 1 mn.After 4 minutes we have noticed that the ride was cancelled by the Driver.We went ahead & book another one which arrived promptly after 4 minutes.

later when we get home after a while ,I got a notification that I was charged $10.00 for the cancelled Trip while my other fare was about $ 22.00 a worthty amount for the second driver.Uber sent me an email with the $10.00 bill stating when a trip is cancelled ,you are still obligated toward the driver. We understood that If I myself cancelled the Trip but not if Uber sent me a driver who doesnt know where he's going. " We waited Outside " searching for a Toyota Camry that never arrived .Our location was in a loop and the driver must take a turn which he never took.

Now I contacted my bank & told them about it and it seems like Uber refunded. one week later Uber re-charged me the same fee & also cancelled my account, to my surprise there is no way of contacting Uber.

Is there anyone out there ? this is an insane practice by Uber I want to re buke Uber for that & I think that my voice is not enough.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/01/2016 04:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/uber-technologies/nationwide/uber-technologies-uber-cancelled-trip-by-driver-queens-village-new-york-nationwide-1297298. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content