Complaint Review: UBER

• UBER

Nationwide
    USA

UBER rip-off plain and simple by uber Hyderabad Nationwide

I am a senior citizen. I have been using Uber and Ola for about a year or so.

I had very bad experience with Uber few times. It is a rip-off plain and simple.

Here is one incident on 11th August 2017 -1110 hrs:

I requested Uberpool. Tata Indica license plate ending 4046, driver Ashok Kumar came. Fare that showed up when I booked was around Rs 270 or so. As soon as I entered the car, the driver said 'the ride is cancelled'. I did not cancel the ride. He told me he didn't cancel the ride either. He told me to book again. I re-booked on his instructions for Uberpool ride. Fare again was around Rs 280 or so. Luckily, it got connected to the same driver. He said he will take me on the ride. He picked up another passenger on our way. He dropped her in Somajiguda / Khairatabad area. He picked up another passenger at City Center opposite Taj Krishna. I got dropped at my destination in Gachibowli. He asked me to pay Rs 712.03. I was really SHOCKED! Usually, it is never over Rs 300 for uberpool ride. I told him to call Uber customer service. He told me to get in touch with Uber directly myself. Uber can’t be reached on the phone for the customers. It is available only to the cab drivers. I sent several emails with no help.

Second incident on 26th July 2017:

Taxi Driver did not show up at all and I was penalized. When I took the ride on 30th July, I was forced to pay cancellation charge Rs 52.50 for no fault of mine.

I am afraid to use UBER services again. I sincerely hope, with more input from other customers, Uber will improve their customer services.

Janardan - Hyderabad - Telangana - India

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/12/2017 02:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/uber/nationwide/uber-rip-off-plain-and-simple-by-uber-hyderabad-nationwide-1392203. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content