Complaint Review: UMG Tech

• Reported By: edwin — Jeffersonville Indiana United States of America
  • UMG Tech

Internet
    United States of America

UMG Tech UMG Marketing Fraud billigng signing up for services from affiliates ,supposedly, that were never agreed to or seen Internet

I noticed a billing on my credit card statement I did not recognize.  Upon research I coould not find any information for the charge.  I called the credit card company and they called the UMG Tech comapany.  The custer service rep said that I had agree to a 30 day free triam for computer protection backup etc.

I never agreed to this and do not ever remember seeing the offer anywhere.  I get these services free with my Internet provider.  I would never even agree to a free trial of something I do not need and have to go through the trouble of getting it cancelled.

The rep could not give any information about when or how this was supposed to have been offered signed up for or who the company was that I was supposed to have been offered from.

Credit card company is disputing this bill and blocking from any future billing.  Apparently they have billed me before and I missed it on my statement.

This is plain outright fraud.  If they cannot tell you who you signed up through or who the offer was made by they are clearly obtaining credit information and billing.

Check your statement for tese type of charges.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/26/2010 05:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/umg-tech/internet/umg-tech-umg-marketing-fraud-billigng-signing-up-for-services-from-affiliates-supposedly-597030. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content