Complaint Review: Uncle Bob's Self Storage #020
Uncle Bob's Self Storage #020 A MASSIVE INJUSTICE - A MASSIVE RIP-OFF by the UNCLE BOB's STOAGE COMPANY in JACKSONVILLE, FLORIDA Internet
*Author of original report: THANK YOU FOR YOUR FEEDBACK
*Consumer Comment: homeless with a mink hat?
*Consumer Comment: Nice story.
The Uncle Bob's Storage Company in Jackson, Florida ripped off a senior citizen who was homeless at the time due to tough economic times. This senior citizen who happens to be a member of an extremely large inter-racial international European family decided to leave five large very expensive traveling luggage on wheels packed with expensive European clothes plus electronice hardware, software, profssional Canon camera with professional zoom lense plus many, many other items. Total items is equal to appx. $25,000.00. Appx. value given to storage company on day one was appx. $2,000.00 after I discovered items in my other three storage companies in other states (where I originated from) actually existed in the Jacksonville, Florida Uncle Ben's Storage.
To make a long story short:
(1) From day one I gave the compny my e-mail address to contact me because e-mail is available 24/7. They accepted, and then they refuse to contact me ( All of my other storage companies never fail to contact me through e-mail).
When I notified them of my new out-of-state location and permenant address, they decided to send mail to my Florida P.O. Box location with the following explanation "We are following the laws of Florida plus we were not able to contact you at your new out-of-state P.O. Box address".... end of qoute. I find it strange. Somehow, the Better Business Bureau in Florida was able to contact me at the same new out-of-state address I gave them. THIS IS A MASSIVE INJUSTICE and HIGHLY QUESTIONABLE ILLEGAL BUSINESS PRACTICES.
(2) From day one I signed up for the storage company's online payment program. They signed me up, then I tested the program while I was in Florida. When notified them of my new out-of-state location and permenant address, they disconnected my online payment previllages without any warning or explanation.
(3) In Florida: The Better Business Bureau in Florida is aware of this injustice. The Federal Government (F.T.C.), The Attorney General and Mayor Chris of Florida was informed about this injustice. The F.T.C. encourage me to get a lawer which I CAN NOT afford on a fixed income.
(4) After making a payment to the above company, they held on to my payment and refused to returned appx. $25,000.00 worth of Eropean clothes I brought back with me from Berne, Switzerland via a dagerous plane flight .
The Florida Better Business Bureau insisted the storage company returned my money after they claimed my things were auctioned. I then had to go to a thrift store to buy clothes because I had no clothes to wear or change into.
(5) The above so-called auction was nothing more than a so-called public auction scam after they legally rip-off my clothes and possibly sell what they wanted to sell to simply satisfy the Florida Better Business Bureau.
(6) This company refused to return the following which is just a tiny sample of the entire contents: My biological father's picture that was given to me when I was three. My bank accounts plus lots of documentaions, My grand-daughter's pictures (whom I have not seen in more than fithteen years and may never see again),
An autographed bible I received from my adopted dad when I was ten, My 1973 college degree. Italian suits, Cashmere formal over-coat, Formal winter coats, Leather coats, Shoes, Sweaters, Russian mink winter hat, Many sweaters, Pants, Computer hardware and software(USA purchased) plus many more items.
As a senior citizen on a fixed income, I can not replace the above and I no longer travel to family members. The above items were not just clothes, they represented my contact with my European family experience.
I am still looking forward to the above company to return ALL items. THIS IS A MASSIVE INJUSTICE by:
UNCLE BOB's STOAGE COMPANY in JACKSONVILLE, FLORIDA
Will someone / organization help me retrieve my extremely valuable possesions from the above storage company. I have been experiencing extreme injustice.
Thanking you all in anticipation
Regards to all.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/01/2012 08:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/uncle-bobs-self-storage-020/internet/uncle-bobs-self-storage-020-a-massive-injustice-a-massive-rip-off-by-the-uncle-bobs-949464. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here: