Complaint Review: Unified Valet Parking Inc

• Unified Valet Parking Inc
    48 N. Raymond Ave Pasadena California 91103
    Arcadia, California
    United States of America

Unified Valet Parking Inc Ripoff Parking for 2012 table tennis LAopen Arcadia, California

On September 1st 2012, 2 pm I went to the 2012 table tennis LA open at the Arcadia Badminton Club, 12336 Lower Azusa Rd Arcadia, CA 91006. I was assigned to volunteer at the control desk at 2 pm. I noticed the outlying areas around the lot was full and being unfamiliar with the neighborhood I could not see any street parking close by.  There was only valet parking available and the charge was $10. After circling around several times I finally gave in and parked there as I expected that I would be leaving late at night. I refused to tip the parking attendant. Next day I came at the same time to report for my shift. I figured I would just go for $10 as there was no parking again. This time the attendant demanded $15 which I paid reluctantly. Later he just gave me my keys and told me to get the car myself. Not much of valet service there.

I noticed some people parked very far and had to walk at least 10 minutes to get to the playing area. The area has ample parking for the event but was all sectioned off as "valet parking". I do not see the need for valet parking at such a location. Even if parking is not free I would expect the fee to be around $6 per day, to be clearly posted at the entrance and to be the same for both days.

I am reporting this because I do not want to see such ripoffs again when we have our annual table tennis grand event in the future. People pay their fair share for the tickets but should not have to walk 10 minutes in 98 degree heat to get to the place because they cannot afford parking.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/03/2012 11:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/unified-valet-parking-inc/arcadia-california-91006/unified-valet-parking-inc-ripoff-parking-for-2012-table-tennis-laopen-arcadia-californi-936307. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content