• Report: #506683


  • Submitted: Thu, October 08, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, October 11, 2010

  • Reported By: mom of 3 needs help — Westminster California USA
10625 Techwoods Circle Cincinnati, Ohio United States of America

UNIFUND CCR PARTNERS Providian Financial Judgement filed while I was living out of state and now they are garnishing my wages and froze my bank accounts. I need help! Cincinnati, Ohio

*Consumer Suggestion: help...with NACA lawyer

What's this?
What's this?
What's this?
Is this
Ripoff Report
About you?
Ripoff Report
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
commitment to
customer satisfaction
Click here now..

Does your business have a bad reputation?
Fix it the right way.
Corporate Advocacy Program™

SEO Reputation Management at its best!

I had a credit card with Providian Financial that I stopped being able to pay in December 2002.  My husband was laid off from his job and I was pregnant and unemployed.  The balance on the card at that time was $2500 (my limit).  They harassed us by phone 10 or more times a day and told us that we were good for nothings that didn't pay our bills.  We tried to explain our situation that we were out of work and trying to sell our home and they would get paid as soon as we could.  For over 6 months the calls continued and they got meaner and meaner with every call. The only solution was to disconnect the phone.

After a year of struggle to reestablish jobs in another state we tried to work out a deal with Providian.  They wanted it all or nothing.  So we had no choice not to pay, we didn't have it all.  They sold our account to UNIFUND CCR PARTNERS.  While I was living in Illinois they took me to court in CA without my knowledge.  They received a judgement against me for $9874.76 (almost 4 times the original debt) This happened 12-19-06.

I just moved back to Ca in July 2009.  After 2 weeks of being here I received a garnishment of wages letter in the mail. (almost 3 years later?)  I was shocked.   Now my bank accounts have been frozen and I am going to court to try to prove why I can't afford to have my wages garnished.  I am a mom of 3 who works part-time at minimum wages.  I need anyones help out there that can!  I talked to a lawyer and I can't afford one.  This has to be illegal.... 4 x's the judgement....went to court when I lived in another state....and it was past the statue of limitations for CA or just at it.  Is there a way to have a judge hear my case again without a lawyer?  The debt is 7 years old, there has to be a way to fix this.............


This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/08/2009 11:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/unifund-ccr-partners/cincinnati-ohio-45242/unifund-ccr-partners-providian-financial-judgement-filed-while-i-was-living-out-of-state-a-506683. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on UNIFUND CCR PARTNERS

Search for additional reports

If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:

Search Tips
Report & Rebuttal
Respond to this report!
What's this?
Also a victim?
What's this?
Repair Your Reputation!
What's this?
0Author 1Consumer 0Employee/Owner
Updates & Rebuttals

#1 Consumer Suggestion

help...with NACA lawyer

AUTHOR: Nathan - (U.S.A.)

i sympathize with you.  First off I am not an attorney.  I can only tell you what I read. 

I would start by visiting the courthouse (clerk of courts) get copies of everything.

then you need to prove you were a resident of another state.  Contact utilities and

anyone that can provide proof of your residence in illinois. 

Now the tough part.  You need to go to a website that can provide you some assistance in filing paperwork to reopen the case based on not being served properly

I can suggest one site.  But ripoffreport.com will censor the name I give.  So the name is Debtorboards.  Put it together and you have it.

I have visited this site for help.  they have attorneys that will unoffically help you.

Its a maze. but you need to reopen the case and prove they did this.  Now, my suggestion is that if you get the judgment vacated take it to jury trial.  This will

really get unifund in a frinzy. Hire a NACA lawyer.  They love suing Unifund.  Right now they have a class action suit against them.  This like the third one they had in 10 years.  sometimes they will take it on contingency fee.

I wish you the best.

Respond to this report!
What's this?
Report & Rebuttal
Respond to this report!
What's this?
Also a victim?
What's this?
Repair Your Reputation!
What's this?