Complaint Review: Union Financial Securities & Trust - Bryan McDonald (President)

• Submitted: Tue, July 22, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, July 23, 2008
  • Reported By: Branson Missouri
  • Union Financial Securities & Trust - Bryan McDonald (President)
    285 Bay St.
    Toronto, Ontario
    Canada

Union Financial Securities & Trust - Bryan McDonald President Winning Final Notification SCAM Toronto Ontario

*Consumer Comment: I agree Prissy

*Consumer Comment: Geezzz

Beware of this hoax - I received a letter and a check in the amount of $4875.00 from Union Financial Securities & Trust on Friday, July 11, 2008. The letter claimed that I had been declared a winner along with 32 other declared winners for an amount of money, the sum totalling $125,000.00 for each winner. I had been chosen from the De-Lotto North American Sweepstakes Lottery held on April 15th, 2008 in the 2nd category. I called the number listed on my letter 1-647-836-0847 and gave a very heavy accented man my claim number, said his name was "Daniel Jimmy". He then proceeded to explain to me that I was to call this number back whenever I had gotten the check deposited into my checking account and he would give me further instructions on what to do. I told him that I would send them nothing until the check for the $4875.00 had cleared and been deposited into my account. He said that was fine.

I contacted my bank today and the check had been returned and on top of that my bank charged me $45.00 for the check being returned to them. I contacted this Mr. Daniel Jimmy and he told me that was not a great loss, the $45.00 and he couldn't understand why the check had been returned and not paid to me. I told him it was because they were running a BIG SCAM. He then hung up on me. I called them back and demanded he return the $45.00 plus any insufficient check charges to me. He told me he would check in to it and get back with me in a couple of weeks and I told him I expected a call tomorrow with an answer of when I could expect my refund monies. I then proceeded to tell him that my husband and I worked too hard for the likes of him to take any amount of money from us. The ironic thing to this is, I knew deep down the check would not clear, but thought what the heck let's just see and I still lost $45.00!

Karen in branson
Branson, Missouri

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/22/2008 01:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/union-financial-securities-trust-bryan-mcdonald-president/toronto-ontario/union-financial-securities-trust-bryan-mcdonald-president-winning-final-notification-s-354286. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
2Consumer
0Employee/Owner

I agree Prissy

AUTHOR: Rufas - (Canada)

Holy Hannah people! I can't believe that you would go on the internet for the whole world to see and admit your foolishness! I could use some extra cash, I am sure that everyone could, but I would never put a piece of paper that was mailed to me from someone I didn't know, in the bank! Do you try to pay your bills with Monopoly money too?

Geezzz

AUTHOR: Prissy - (U.S.A.)

Yep, there's one born every minute.