Complaint Review: United Address Change

• United Address Change

Internet
    USA

United Address Change address change ripoff Allen TX

Submitted a change address for my mother online on Oct. 7, 2014 on a site that I thought was a USPS site.  As of the 10th she hadn't received any forwarded mail, on the same day I checked my bank statement online and there was a $39.95 charge to United Address Change, Allen, TX, US with no phone number or any other info, the charge was deducted from my account on the 7th.

Tried to call USPS Customer Service on the 10th but was after business hours.  Called Customer Service on the 15th and the lady I spoke with gave me three numbers and said that one of them might be out of Allen, TX.  Called the first number she gave me, the male I spoke to said they were in Allen, TX and that they had received confirmation that my mother's address had been changed.  I asked how he knew that as I hadn't given him either her old or new address.  He didn't answer my question but said that it takes from 7 to 10 days for mail to start being forwarded since we were dealing with the government.  I told him that I thought it was a scam, I could have done it online for $1.05 if their website (United Address Change) hadn't been listed in the search results for United States Postal Service and I had been paying more attention.

I immediately went to the Post Office and spoke with an agent.  He and another gentleman there checked and there had been no address change submitted.  He suggested that I do the change of address then as I was there, which I did.  He said that it would cost United Address Change $1.05 to do what I could have done online for the same amount and that there was nothing they could do about it even though it wasn't right what this company is doing.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/18/2014 12:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/united-address-change/internet/united-address-change-address-change-ripoff-allen-tx-1183566. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content