Complaint Review: United Express Van Lines
- United Express Van Lines
6835 Sunset Strip
- Phone: 800-4051515
- Category: Moving Companies
United Express Van Lines Another United Van Lines ripoff, Nier Cohen owner, deceptive moving and called police consumer fraud ripoff Sunrise Florida
*Consumer Comment: Don't speak so soon.
*Consumer Suggestion: United Express, not United ..there will be more scam movers using names very similar to reputable movers' names.
*Consumer Suggestion: Things to watch for
*Consumer Comment: Rebuttal
*Consumer Comment: Moving Company SCAM!!!!! - UNITED EXPRESS VAN LINES
*Consumer Comment: Be Fair
*Consumer Comment: Take a look
*Consumer Comment: United Express Van Lines is a Scam Company
*Consumer Comment: United Express Van Lines is a good company
*Consumer Comment: NOT UNITED VAN LINES
1) Actual Cost vs. Initial Estimate and Order for Service
- Company underestimated actual cubic feet. Estimated 1200 cu. ft and actual was around 2000.
2) Additional Charges
- Company put goods in storage and charged additional handling fee of $495 to get out of storage.
- Company tried to charge additional $200 when unloading goods after receiving certified check for balance. Had to call police to get them to unload.
3) Misleading information regarding pickup and dropoff.
- Company lied about delivery date to get payment. Then, told us it was a Jewish holiday and they actually worked that date.
4) Unprofessional conduct and customer service.
- Company dispatchers hung up, lied, were condescending to myself and my wife.
5) No Full Service
- Company was contracted for delivering full service and left goods and left down.
The mover apparently has poor bookkeeping, small staff, absentee ownership, etc. The company dispatchers, Joe and Sam, were total unpleasent and useless. The sales person, Estie, was pleasent, but didn't seem to care after she underestimated the deal.
We had to call the police to the get this company to unload the truck because they kept adding additional costs after the contract was signed and agreed. The company unloaded the truck after the officer ticketed the abandoned vehicle and ordered a tow.
Of course, the drivers were very upset and left most of the furniture in the garage and did not provide any unpacking or setup services. We had to pay another $300 to a local Charlotte company to unpack our goods. There is some damage which needs to be claimed so we aren't finished yet.
Monster Moving referred us this sham organization and didn't seem to have any real quality control. When speaking to the company, they said United was licensed and they didn't have any complaints. Seems like they didn't read this board or moving.com.
I will want $395 for the additional handling fee, $300 for the additional packing and $170 for the additional storage costs outside the agreed upon contract. The total is $865, but it seems that we got off lucky here.
I hope Rip Off can contact this company and get a feel that this company should be out of business.
Charlotte, North Carolina
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/30/2002 01:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/united-express-van-lines/sunrise-florida-33313/united-express-van-lines-another-united-van-lines-ripoff-nier-cohen-owner-deceptive-movi-31481. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here: