Complaint Review: United Nursing Services

• Web:
  • Category: Nurses

United Nursing Services Age Discrimination Hiring Naples Florida

*Consumer Comment: Confused..

As A Florida Registered nurse, I contacted for employement (after sending resume) United Nursing services of Florida for employment.  I was sent a prerequisite list of continuing education courses, Physical and TB testing requirements at my own time and expense.  I am a 70 yr old (More than Capable Licensed RN in the State of Florida).  I was contacted by United Nursing Services to come in, take their test, and to finalize their paperwork to begin work....  Upon my arrival, it became very clear that my age was an issue!   They did not even try and hide it....  I was and am very upset that after fulfilling all their requirements at my own time and expense over the course of 6 weeks that now not only  am I out financially but lost time in obtaining employment.

For a company to be involved in the "The Health care Medicare quality insurance" business, I am apauled at the treatment by their administration.  I have records to prove these alegations if they try to refute.  Unfortunately I do not have the resources to legally pursue as Florida is a right to work state, and hard to prove Age Discriminatory practices. I gaurantee you if they were to open their employee files, it would clearly show HR discrimination.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/01/2015 07:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/united-nursing-services/naples-florida-34110/united-nursing-services-age-discrimination-hiring-naples-florida-1239102. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Confused..

AUTHOR: Robert - (USA)

You state that when you went to their place it was very obvious they had an issue with your age and didn't even try to hide it.  So what did they do?  Did they take one look at you and say "get out you old lady"?

As for pursuing Age Discrimination, there are tons of lawyers and agencies that would handle this for you.  In fact many won't even charge you a single penny up front.  So if you have all of this proof in your records and somehow know that even though you have only been their once that their HR Files would show discimination.  Why don't you try to go after them?

I did a quick search for "Naples Age Discrimination Attorney" and came up with a couple dozen lawywers.  Many of them said that they handle cases on contingency(meaning no money up front from you).