Complaint Review: Universal Fidelity LP

• Reported By: SachinA — Massachusetts United States of America
  • Universal Fidelity LP

Houston, Texas
    United States of America

Universal Fidelity LP "legal successor to Hollywood Video" Scam, joke, no "real" address, sketchy voice mails. Houston, Texas

I received. Letter saying that I owe $46 and some change from Hollywood Video. Got the letter in the mail a few days ago. Date was from 2009. I clearly remember dropping the video games into the Dropbox. Do they have any way of justifying their means? Nope.

I was reading a lot of other consumers that are having the same problem. Regarding the same "unpaid" debt situation. I tried calling and it keeps ringing and I was finally able to talk to a rep who clearly had no idea how to talk. She couldn't give me the main company but on top of Universal.

She couldn't even give the own name. She told me to look it up online. What happened - got brought to this site :). Also found a way to beat around the bush for those of you who would like to speak with a person. When it asks if you know the name of the party you want to reach press "764 (SMI) you'll reach someone's voicemail. Likewise with "626" but you don't get a voicemail, you get rerouted to the main directory? Can you say sketchy.

I also asked the woman on the phone about their statue of limitations and I definitely didn't get a clear answer. More like ambiguous. They also mentioned to me that they were appointed by the U.S. Bankruptcy Courts, but when I brought it to her attention about the 238 complaints to the Better Business Beareu she was dumbfounded?

SCAM.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/19/2012 10:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/universal-fidelity-lp/houston-texas-/universal-fidelity-lp-legal-successor-to-hollywood-video-scam-joke-no-real-address-856051. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content