Complaint Review: University of Phoenix

• University of Phoenix
    Augusta Ga
    Augusta, Georgia
    USA

University of Phoenix said I had a grant and everything was paid for and I would not need loan. Augusta Georgia

*Consumer Comment: question

When I registered at Phoenix University for a 4 year degree, they told me I would be able to go the first three years on a Grant fully paid for.  But, to go ahead and fill out the paperwork for a government loan, although I probably would not need to use it till the last semester of perhaps the last year.  I asked the councelor if I would be notified if the loan was activated and she said yes I would be.

I went to the college for a little over a year.  I learned that the degree in crimnal justice would not be accepted for any criminal justice positions in Ga. or South Carolina, it was worthless.  The classes were at a lower standard than my high school classes, in other words a joke.  So, I decided to drop out of Phoenix University to attend another college.  When I went to register at another college I was told I could not get a coppy of my transcripts till my loan was paid and could not register having an outstanding government loan.  I said I didn't have any loans!

I learned that only my first quarter was paid for by a grant and that the college processed my paper work without informing me.  I now owe the government money and can not go to college.  Believe me the classes I took were not worth the amount they charged the government for.  Not only are the students being ripped of but so is the government.

I now have to make payments on a education I don't have - and I can not aford the payments

I want to sue them but I don't know how to get involved in a class action suit.  If anyone can help me please e-mail me!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/05/2013 01:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/university-of-phoenix/augusta-georgia-30907/university-of-phoenix-said-i-had-a-grant-and-everything-was-paid-for-and-i-would-not-need-1073206. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

question

AUTHOR: Jeanski - ()

The University cannot process a federal student loan unless you sign a Master Promissory Note and complete the intake counseling (usually online).  You may have to go back through your email to see if you did this and don't remember.  If you're positive you didn't sign the MPN, call the lender and explain that the funds were received by U of P without your consent. Then ask them what to do.

Forget the class action. Nobody wins but the lawyers.