Complaint Review: University Of Phoenix
- University Of Phoenix
4615 East Elwood Street, Phoenix, Arizona, 85072
Fountain Valley, Costa Mesa, Woodland Hills, Santa Ana, Onta, California
- Phone: 800-888-1968 x1087
- Category: Adult Career & Continuing Education
University of Phoenix UOP mistakes ignored & levied penalites & fines against my credit rating Fountain Valley Costa Mesa Woodland Hills Santa Ana Ontario So. Pasadena Gardena Diamond Bar, online ripoff online California
Apathetic customer service reps failed to follow through the simplest requests over 3 years, causing confusion while other depts. levied fines and penalties against me to cover UOP rep errors.
UOP courses are NOT CREDIBLE with other universities, so I have nothing to show for my investment. I came out of it with a $12,000 bill and only half the classes toward a degree.
1) After locking students in to expensive tuition, UOP announced and closed the campus, moving to a location 17 miles out of town.
2) Without notice, I was "dropped" from enrollment, told that there was suddenly an outstanding balance on my records. The day prior, UOP told me my accounts were in order and current.
3)UOP was unable to identify the source of the outstanding balance, and gave me conflicting information and varying amounts due: from $102.00 to $1090.00.
4) For THREE years, UOP's presidents, board members and customer service and financial reps IGNORED 14 faxes, emails, and letters I sent to them in an effort to identify the source of this billing. I received NO responses to my inquiries.
5) I logged 23 phone calls over those 3 years, and received the runaround from campus directors and their subordinates.
6)UOP levied fines and penalties against me, still ignoring all requests to identify the source of the outstanding balance.
7) UOP marred my credit rating with an attempt to collect the unexplained fees through an agency. Because there was no explanation for the charges, the agency dropped the case. The agency's inquiry shows on my credit rating, with a request for "0 dollars."
8) UOP has a VERY swift employee turn-over rate. It is not uncommon to call an office of someone to whom you've been referred and find they suddenly are no longer employed at UOP.
From my experience, I believe many UOP staff members are tremendously overburdened with beauracratic procedures, disempowered and unable to tend to customer problems. There are many who operate in a perpetual mode of apathy, giving the strong impression they got their positions during UOPs zealous effort to saturate the market with campuses. UOP spread itself too thin to remember and value its brand image.
Overall, I found University of Phoenix apathetic, inept, and unable to practice what it claims to teach. Buyer beware; it's a quick, hard sell and then you're on your own.......and God help you if one UOP staff person makes a mistake in your files.
Los Angeles, California
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/06/2002 09:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/university-of-phoenix/fountain-valley-costa-mesa-woodland-hills-santa-ana-onta-california/university-of-phoenix-uop-mistakes-ignored-levied-penalites-fines-against-my-credit-ra-20276. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here: