Complaint Review: University of Phoenix

• Reported By: Slayrre7 — College Park Maryland USA
  • University of Phoenix

Internet
    USA

University of Phoenix misrepresented, misled and lied to me throughout the recruiting and admission process.

*Consumer Comment: Miss know it all stacie

*Author of original report: Stacey... get a grip!

*Consumer Comment: Good Luck

University of Phoenix misled me throughout the recruiting process as they insisted that getting a bachelor in information technology would get me, not only into the door of the IT industry but also numerous job offers.

And, the University of Phoenix recruiter lied to me about the cost of the degree. I was quoted $25k for two years when, in reality, it turned out to be almost $33k. The recruiter and admissions counselor even convinced me to let the school automatically take care of the deposits for the loan.

Since graduating at the end of 2011 with a bachelor in IT from the University of Phoenix, I have applied to hundreds of entry level / desktop jobs and gotten ZERO face-to-face interviews. After spending two years of my life and racking up over $30,000 dollars in tuition… I expect something in return. I got NOTHING.

The truth is, a bachelor in IT from the University of Phoenix gives you absolutely no benefit when competing for even an entry level job in the IT industry. As a matter of fact, studying for a few months and passing the CompTIA A+ Certification is worth 1000x more to anyone looking to get an entry level IT job than earning a bachelor in IT from the University of Phoenix.

The fact that UoP’s recruiters and admission counselors lied to me and that I was naïve (no doubt) as they led me down a road with blatantly false information should not shield them from lawsuits. I am going to seek a lawyer to take up the case against UoP.

I was living in Florida at the time I was taking course online. If anyone has a lawsuit against UoP for misleading potential students or wants to join me in filing a suit against UoP, please contact me at your earliest opportunity.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/01/2016 09:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/university-of-phoenix/internet/university-of-phoenix-misrepresented-misled-and-lied-to-me-throughout-the-recruiting-and-1325844. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
2Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Miss know it all stacie

AUTHOR: The Outlaw Josey Wales - ()

When will you get a life, stacie you and your team of useless rebutts are just getting more stupid as time fly by.

Keep comments to your self as you are the only one who understand your dribble.

Stacey... get a grip!

AUTHOR: - ()

@Stacey... Graduating from college after being told that the degree you worked on would "get you in the door" and plenty of interviews or offers... was a crystal clear lie since a bachelor's in IT from UoP does neither.

I have two other degrees from different universities (BS and MS in another field) that I worked in for 20 years as a professional before deciding to move over to IT. My cross over skills that can be applied to any job, are excellent. The problem is the worthless degree from UoP.

As for "working at jobs that were below my expectation"... what a crock. It can't get much lower than an entry position into an industry... and again... a bachelor's in IT from UoP doesn't even get you an interview, much less an entry level job.

Good Luck

AUTHOR: Stacey - (USA)

Graduating from any college does not mean you will get a job.  You got a degree - so did I two times!! I have had to work at jobs that were below my expectations but the reality is that if you have no experience then you have to WORK to get that experience.  NO I do not work for this institution and NO I did not attend this institution. I did mine the hard way - going to classes and actually studying for exams with other classmates.

Obtaining a College degree be it a Bachelors, Masters or PHD does not matter. It is called LIFE.  Good luck with that "lawsuit" especially if you can find an Attorney who will take it on a contigency basis.

GET A JOB and get some experience no matter where!!!! THEN you can get to the place you seem to think you entitled to.