Complaint Review: University of Phoenix

Nationwide
    USA

University of Phoenix Liars, Scam, con artists Nationwide

*Consumer Comment: comment

So after leaving the Army I decided to pursue higher education and landed on the University of Phoenix online. I decided to enroll for online classes during their free trial period. When i decided this school was NOT for me I attempted to drop out. They did not unenroll me like they said but instead left me enrolled until I "failed" the introduction class. Now they claim I owe them the money for the class. Let me say this school is full of people that should not have been allowed to pass high school much less enroll in "college". The instructors are the lowest of the low. No help until it is too late and most of the time the help they do give is not help at all. Now im stuck with this on my credit report and not sure if it will affect me being able to enroll in another real school. Please do yourself a favor and avoid this school at all costs. They are out for your money only and when they cant get anymore they become very aggressive and rude. You were warned.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/13/2014 05:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/university-of-phoenix/nationwide/university-of-phoenix-liars-scam-con-artists-nationwide-1182581. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

AUTHOR: Jeanski - ()

First, thank you for your service!

Second, a question: Did you use your GI Bill benefits to pay for this course? If so, you may be able to find recourse through the VA certifying official at the school. No institution wants the VA breathing down its neck. Start with him/her.  If you don't get any help, call the VA directly.  They don't want schools ripping off servicemembers.

Do you have any proof that you attempted to drop out? I hope so. It will go a long way towards supporting your claim. I believe you, but proof is always good :-)

Good luck, and keep us updated!