Complaint Review: UOL NETZERO INTERNET

75 NINTH AVENUE, 4TH FLOOR
    NEW YORK, New York

UOL NETZERO INTERNET unathorized credit card charges $9.95 NEW YORK New York

*Author of original report: Maybe it's because I've ordered flowers

My American Express card was charged $9.95 by NetZero three times. I have never signed up with Net Zero nor used any of their services. I have disputed the charges with my credit card company.

Their charges appear around the 25th of the month, which is close to the billing date, and so their charge often occurs on the NEXT month's paper bill, meaning you don't even see the charge until over 30 days have passed. This seems like a slimy way for them to slip under your radar, since there is a 60 day time limit for reporting fraudulent charges -- by putting in their charge around the 25th, their charge is already over 30 days old before it appears on your monthly bill! Then, if you wait 1-2 weeks to open the bill, you're already almost out of time!

Beware these thieves. I hope they are investigated by law enforcement soon.

Val
Ithaca, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/10/2008 07:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/uol-netzero-internet/new-york-new-york-10011/uol-netzero-internet-unathorized-credit-card-charges-995-new-york-new-york-380241. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Maybe it's because I've ordered flowers

AUTHOR: Val a - (U.S.A.)

It looks like NetZero's parent company, UOL, also owns the flower delivery website FTD.com.

I've ordered flowers from FTD several times. I now wonder whether NetZero/UOL got my credit card number through those flower orders. I don't know whether that's the case, but I am suspicious. I did use the same credit card for the flowers as the one that's getting hit by fake NetZero charges now.

The unfortunate thing is that I was very happy with FTD's flowers and customer service. However, since their parent company is ripping me off and committing credit card fraud, I am not planning to use them ever again.