Report: #21931

• Reported By: New York NY
  • UrbanQ Urbanq.com
    385 Pearsall Avenue
    Cedarhurst, New York

UrbanQ Urbanq.com FRAUD: Better Business Bureau does nothing has over 200 unsolved complaints: rebate checks never sent; , Cedarhurst New York

I bought clothing from UrbanQ Outlet Shoppes online on the basis of there being rebates ("Q-bates") for each item. I filled out forms to receive the Q-bates and my account shows that I am due 5 Q-bates. I never received a check. I contacted UrbanQ with an inquiry and was told to wait 6 more weeks. I waited and still no rebate checks. I have contacted the company again to no response.

My account states "check sent" and "check processing 10/18/02". But UrbanQ informed me they had problems processing the checks--they claim to have sent some people two checks and others none.

They state that there is a problem with the check printer and it will be resoved soon. That was the excuse last year, but my subsequent emails have not been answered. I am due $239.96. I would not have bought the clothing if not for the rebates.

I reported this company to the Better Business Bureau. On the New York BBB website, UrbanQ has over 200 complaints filed against it, with only a few having been resolved. The rest, according to the BBB, met with no response at all from UrbanQ.
Desired Settlement: Refund of the $239.96 the amount my rebate checks are supposed to be.

Jill
New York, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/01/2002 07:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/urbanq-urbanqcom/cedarhurst-new-york-11516/urbanq-urbanqcom-fraud-better-business-bureau-does-nothing-has-over-200-unsolved-compla-21931. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content