Complaint Review: us airways

• Reported By: kenthompsonhome — 02715 Massachusetts United States of America
  • us airways

Internet
    United States of America

us airways USAir Incorrectly took my United Airways frequent flyer miles and applied USAirways Dividend Miles instead!! Internet

I purchased and took a flight from PVD to Tampa a few weeks ago through US Airways.  After the trip I noticed I didn't get any frequent flyer miles credited (about 2500 miles) as the booking agent didn't put down any of my frequent flyer programs, of which I am trying to become an elite member with United so I have been using them just about every time I fly.

I logged into my USAirways account and asked that my miles for that trip be put on my United Account and gave the on-line document my trip number, seat number, ticket number and United frequent flyer number.

Couple days later get an email response saying sorry, nothing they can do as the miles were applied to  USairways.  Bullsh* . I sent another response and basically was told to piss off, nothing they can do.

I finally called and got someone from another country on the phone and they basically said the same thing, piss off, nothing we can do.  I got a supervisor on the phone and eventually she said that if I did the same thing I basically did before on-line that it would be taken care of.  thank you....a week goes by and I get another response saying, too bad, nothing they can do.

They said I requested the miles be put on USAirways...of which I have never used and these miles were the only miles on that account.

US Airways, you cannot prove that I said to put these miles on USAirways can you????!!!!!

Total run around and waste of my time.....I even asked how to cancel my USAirways program and was told I have to write a stupid letter and mail it and it could take many weeks.

Just pissed me off where I will NEVER use USAirways directly....yep, I have to use them once in a while but suggest everyone beware of this tactic.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/24/2011 12:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/us-airways/internet/us-airways-usair-incorrectly-took-my-united-airways-frequent-flyer-miles-and-applied-usair-721483. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content